tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cmat 2040 - Page 11 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-05-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
Constitution is flawed and i would favour an amendment to correct it and also to ban people holding ROI passparts holding any other passport.
Well, start a petition, or run for election so that you can lobby for it to be changed to reflect your views.

Like any citizen can. It's a free country.

Let us know how you get on.
Old 17-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
Well, start a petition, or run for election so that you can lobby for it to be changed to reflect your views.

Like any citizen can. It's a free country.

Let us know how you get on.
Indeed.

I also support a border poll so that we can put the legacy issues of Northern Ireland behind us.
Old 17-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Constitution is flawed and i would favour an amendment to correct it and also to ban people holding ROI passparts holding any other passport.
This "flaw" as you call it in the constitution was actually copper-fastened in the GFA which was voted for in overwhelming numbers here.

Do you honestly think if they put a referendum to withdraw Irish passport rights to anyone born in the 6 counties that it would carry?
Old 17-05-2019, 03:04 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
People who are not nationals of the 26 county republic.

Its a non-derogatory term
The term dreamer is also applicable saw the logo.
Old 20-05-2019, 07:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Guy trying to make an honest crust drives down to Ringaskiddy to provide a service to visitors to these shores costing him time, fuel, and wear and tear only to be turned away by someone with a clip-board saying "nah, you're not on the list". I can understand he'd be annoyed. But then if someone disputed it on the local radio and tried to make out he was a liar then I can understand he'd be more than just annoyed.
Lol....same taxi driver went back to the port the following day to try to bag a few yanks (and a tip) but gets in a fight with the security guards and is now barred from the port of cork.

Some taxi drivers just cant button their lips but this guy just had to have a go at the security guards.
Old 20-05-2019, 07:37 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Lol....same taxi driver went back to the port the following day to try to bag a few yanks (and a tip) but gets in a fight with the security guards and is now barred from the port of cork.

Some taxi drivers just cant button their lips but this guy just had to have a go at the security guards.
He's clearly a clown whoever he is. I wonder if he has a career as an Elvis impersonator to fall back on
Old 20-05-2019, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
He's clearly a clown whoever he is. I wonder if he has a career as an Elvis impersonator to fall back on
No....its not elvis. The taxi driver with the attitude problem is a john from cobh
Old 22-05-2019, 09:27 AM

Remember in the old days when you'd ring a "base" and some time later a clapped out toyota would turn up to take you where you were going.

Then you'd have to listen to radio chatter and static en route.

Mytaxi and similar apps have happily elminated this problem. Now you can see in real time where your car is and also what kind of car it is and who the driver is.

I feel sorry for some "base" companies who bought up neighbouring bases just before the advent of the apps.

However those who saw the writing on the wall and sold out are obviously to be applauded.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:29 AM

Those "free taxi phones" in shopping centres and hospitals are also an anachronism.

Just click on the app.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
Remember in the old days when you'd ring a "base" and some time later a clapped out toyota would turn up to take you where you were going.

Then you'd have to listen to radio chatter and static en route.

Mytaxi and similar apps have happily elminated this problem. Now you can see in real time where your car is and also what kind of car it is and who the driver is.

I feel sorry for some "base" companies who bought up neighbouring bases just before the advent of the apps.

However those who saw the writing on the wall and sold out are obviously to be applauded.
The differences between a hackney and a taxi were beyond me.

Base radio chatter was great fun.

"Donie.....where are you??.....i'm just by crackle , squelch beep......Donie...wh ere are ya??.....i just told ya ....beep...."