tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Israel attacks Iran! - Page 101 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
Israel strikes Iranian Supply line to Herzbollah at airbase near Homs, Israelis take no shit from anybody including Putin. Meanwhile the Russians tell us that the 70 Syrians that die in the chlorine attack did not die in as a result of a chemical attack. Apparently the Syrian Government told the Russians before they carried out the attack that there was going to be a provocation by the Western powers and they would blame the Syrian Government. Those Russians are very gullible
They used US made F-15 fighter bombers.

(Designed in 1967, first flew in 1972, entered service in 1976, penetrating Russian “state of the art” air defences in 2018 )

Putin Propaganda pwned again.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
They used US made F-15 fighter bombers.

(Designed in 1967, first flew in 1972, entered service in 1976, penetrating Russian “state of the art” air defences in 2018 )

Putin Propaganda pwned again.

Oh Dear Shandonski will not like that!

He will also have this Turf Burner Carrier posted on his bedsit wall.

Last edited by an liathroid beag; 11-04-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Old 18-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Senior PROC Member

Israel gonna be attacked tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Senior PROC Member

BEIRUT, Lebanon — The missiles struck after dark, hitting facilities in Syria where Iran and its militant proxies had set up camp, setting buildings on fire and causing an explosion so large that it shook the ground like a minor earthquake.

But neither the presumed attacker, Israel, nor the reported victims, Iran and its allies, said much as the dust settled on Monday. Both sought to manage the escalation in the battle between them that has been building for years in the shadows of the war in Syria.

The strikes hit a munitions storage site on Sunday, destroying a cache of missiles and killing at least 16 people, many of them Iranians, according to a conflict monitoring group and one of Iran’s regional allies. Other reports suggested higher death tolls.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

Some 20 rockets were fired at Israeli military bases by Iranian forces in southern Syria just after midnight on Thursday, with some of the incoming missiles being intercepted by the Iron Dome defense system, the army said, amid sky high tensions on the northern border.

There were no reports of Israeli casualties in the attack. An army spokesperson said damage was caused to Israeli military bases, but that it was “limited.”

Kicking off--there will be serious retaliation
Old 10-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Some 20 rockets were fired at Israeli military bases by Iranian forces in southern Syria just after midnight on Thursday, with some of the incoming missiles being intercepted by the Iron Dome defense system, the army said, amid sky high tensions on the northern border.

There were no reports of Israeli casualties in the attack. An army spokesperson said damage was caused to Israeli military bases, but that it was “limited.”

Kicking off--there will be serious retaliation
Indeed.

A raid on a nuclear facility in Iran itself?
Old 13-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel acknowledged on Sunday that Israeli forces had attacked Iranian weapons warehouses in Syria, after years of ambiguity over involvement in specific attacks on the country.

“We worked with impressive success to block Iran’s military entrenchment in Syria,” Mr. Netanyahu said at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem, adding that the Israeli military had struck Iranian and Hezbollah targets “hundreds of times.”

“Just in the last 36 hours, the air force attacked Iranian warehouses with Iranian weapons at the international airport in Damascus,” Mr. Netanyahu said. “The accumulation of recent attacks proves that we are determined more than ever to take action against Iran in Syria, just as we promised.”

The rare admission came hours after the Israeli military announced that it had exposed the sixth and final tunnel under its border with Lebanon, which it says the Iranian-backed organization Hezbollah dug, wrapping up a six-week operation to seal the cross-border tunnels.
Old 13-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel acknowledged on Sunday that Israeli forces had attacked Iranian weapons warehouses in Syria, after years of ambiguity over involvement in specific attacks on the country.

“We worked with impressive success to block Iran’s military entrenchment in Syria,” Mr. Netanyahu said at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem, adding that the Israeli military had struck Iranian and Hezbollah targets “hundreds of times.”

“Just in the last 36 hours, the air force attacked Iranian warehouses with Iranian weapons at the international airport in Damascus,” Mr. Netanyahu said. “The accumulation of recent attacks proves that we are determined more than ever to take action against Iran in Syria, just as we promised.”

The rare admission came hours after the Israeli military announced that it had exposed the sixth and final tunnel under its border with Lebanon, which it says the Iranian-backed organization Hezbollah dug, wrapping up a six-week operation to seal the cross-border tunnels.
Anyone would think there was a premature election coming up, and that a PM facing corruption allegations was trying to distract people from that unpleasantness.
Old 14-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloblock View Post
Anyone would think there was a premature election coming up, and that a PM facing corruption allegations was trying to distract people from that unpleasantness.
For once you might not be wrong Slobby!
Old 14-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Senior PROC Member

Looks like the US might do the job for Israel

A festering four-year war, crippling sanctions, threats to maritime oil trade and a US naval battlegroup steaming for the Persian Gulf. Such developments were troubling enough, before two Saudi tankers were reportedly sabotaged off the UAE coast on Sunday – a development set to ratchet tensions between Tehran and Washington to new and combustible highs.

With Riyadh claiming significant hull damage to its ships and the UAE claiming the damage was done inside its territorial waters, what last week was a looming standoff is now a real-time crisis with potent implications for both global energy security and regional stability.

Throughout Donald Trump’s presidency, staring down Iran has been top of the agenda among many to have passed through the revolving door of his inner circle. For the current uber-hawks, the US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, and the national security adviser, John Bolton, there has hardly been a higher calling. Both have been pivotal in focusing Trump on Iran, and imposing new comprehensive sanctions on its economy. And both drove the bellicose rhetoric that last week spelled out the same scenario to which the region awoke on Monday.

Advertisement

According to Riyadh, one of the “sabotaged” tankers was en route to a Saudi port to upload oil to be exported to the US. Stopping such a shipment would be consistent with an act of revenge for crippling Iranian exports and for making good on threats to disrupt global energy routes – although on Monday Iran vehemently denied playing a role.

Bolton’s prediction of a “credible threat” from Iran, or its proxies, to the oil interests of Washington, or its allies, however looks prophetic in the royal courts of the Gulf. And what regional officials are calling a “terrorist attack” is certain to similarly energise a White House that has at times appeared to be itching for a confrontation with a foe it now faces in most corners of the Middle East.

Iran has steadily become the sum of all fears in the eyes of the US and its regional allies; its creeping influence across the Arab world, belligerence towards Israel and perceived readiness to act on its threats to a decades old regional order, which – not without irony – was upended by the US invasion of Iraq.