tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Official PROC Champions League semi-final thread - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Official PROC Champions League semi-final thread

24/25 April 2007
Liverpool v Chelsea, 19:45
Man Utd v AC Milan, 19:45

01/02 May 2007
AC Milan v Man Utd, 19:45
Chelsea v Liverpool, 19:45

Who wants to call this? It's anybody's, as far as I'm concerned. Steering away from the EPL wank-fest, I wouldn't write Milan off at all at all. Be as it may what happened last night, but this is a different match. Milan knew what they had to do tonight, and did a very professional job, and are coming into form domestically. I know a lot of people might be thinking this one's a foregone conclusion. Yes, we should be good enough to beat them, but let's just see.

Liverpool V Chelsea? Fuck knows. I certainly don't. I think playing at home first might actually suit the Pool. Can't quite say why, it's just a hunch.

I never for a minute gave too much though to this competition, but like the FA Cup, we've made it this far, and now, without a shadow of a doubt, it's ON!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:10 PM

ahem

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com...d.php?t=102357
Old 11-04-2007, 10:23 PM

Mockery, the QF's only just ended.

Anyway, this is the official one- accept no imitations.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
Liverpool V Chelsea? Fuck knows. I certainly don't. I think playing at home first might actually suit the Pool. Can't quite say why, it's just a hunch.
liverpool are away in the first leg.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
Mockery, the QF's only just ended.

Anyway, this is the official one- accept no imitations.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:53 PM

What odds would you get now on none of the british teams winning it???
Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liathroidi Mor View Post
What odds would you get now on none of the british teams winning it???

Milan are 4/1 with Paddy Power

They have Chelsea and United at 2/1 and Liverpool at 3/1
Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEG View Post
Milan are 4/1 with Paddy Power

They have Chelsea and United at 2/1 and Liverpool at 3/1
i find the pool odds very eh, odd. they were 11/4 yesterday before the PSV game. They win (granted it was practically a foregone conclusion) and the odds are lenghtened.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:09 PM

Jaysus, it has started already. Rafa is a good man for a funny quote from time to time though.

Quote:
Benitez starts war of words - PA Sport

Rafael Benitez has sparked off the Champions League war of words with Jose Mourinho by insisting the Chelsea boss only has good relationships with the managers he beats.

Benitez's Liverpool have been thrown into another massive showdown with the Blues in the semi-finals of the Champions League after the Anfield men completed a routine 4-0 aggregate victory over PSV Eindhoven in their last-eight clash.

Chelsea set up a possible showdown with Liverpool 24 hours earlier by winning 2-1 away to Valencia, Benitez's former club.

Mourinho immediately claimed that Liverpool will have it easy because they are only chasing one trophy at this stage of the season.

But Benitez was quick to counter, insisting Chelsea would not swap places with his side.

He said: "That is what they want. They must be there and they must compete for every competition, that is their aim."

And Benitez was equally prepared to explain the frosty relationship he now has with Mourinho, which has involved a spate of refusing to shake hands after matches between the clubs this term.

Benitez said: "We were good friends until we started winning, then he started changing his mind."

"It is the same with all the managers of the top sides. He has very good relationships with managers of teams that normally he beats."

"Then he started fighting with the managers of the top sides. He has already started it with us, yesterday."
Old 13-04-2007, 02:08 PM

Rafa - We are going to rip Utd apart

Quote:
Liverpool must face Chelsea in the semi-finals on April 25 in London and May 1 at Anfield before they can really start dreaming of a clash with United – or even a repeat of the 2005 final against AC Milan.

But Benitez is confident he can take his side to their second final in three seasons.

He said: “We are in a very good position, to be in the semi-final is surely a great success for us. To do that twice in three years is really important, but now we want to make sure we win the final again.

“We were not intimidated by the football we saw from Manchester United, we have always known they have great character, and they are in very good form at the moment.

“But if I was offered the chance of playing Manchester United in the final I would be happy and say yes, because that means I will be in the final too. We would be confident of success if that occurred.”

He added: “It is difficult to say who is favourite. You can talk about Milan, they are a really good team. The same applies to Manchester United and the way they played this week, and of course Chelsea are also a good team.

“It will be really difficult for all of us, anyone of us can win it now.”