tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Next Cork football manager - Page 7 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewest View Post
R&B why do you bother posting in the football threads? It's clear you have no interest in the game, unless I've misread your posts?

Next manager will be Cuthbert lads, someone said it already, but there's no point having a drawn out discussion as he is the pre-annointed heir and was always going to be next in line. I'm not sure if he's the answer to be honest given what I know and have heard of him, but there isn't a whole lot else out there to be honest.
Yeah Cuthbert is the heir apparent and he's well in with Frank.I just hope he's good enough to do the job and i hope that he has the respect of the players.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
I'm a hurling man but I'd have an interest in the big ball game too.
Some of the crap being posted here is unbelievable

Story checks out.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:36 PM

From Rebel Gaa.

Quote:
Have to agree with most of the posters above, Cork county board won't appoint an outsider. Waste of time even talking about that idea.

What we need and what we get are 2 different things. What we need is a modern, football intellegent, tactically smart coach who can get the best out of our young players and provide a syle and system that makes us competive in todays game. What we will get is a former player, who is a safe pair of hands, will have a rah-rah style of management and will have us "up" for playing Kerry!

Is there anyone in the county who really is good enough? There might be but we never will know as he won't get the job. Who will get the job? Probably John Cleary or Brian Cuthbert. Unfortunatly, these thanks to the systems we have in place are our only 2 options. Cleary has done an ok job with the u-21's, improved some players, couldn't read the oppositions systems, reacted too slow on the line,played a traditonal game and is unquestionably a good football man. He is the favourite for the job in most peoples eyes and I would have serious reservations if he was appointed. I don't think he is the man to improve this squad or bring us to where we need to go. As, for Brian Cuthbert, this would be the greatest step back we could ever take next to bringing back Larry. Tippereary would over take us as the second team in Munster. Have any body on here seen his Bishopstown teams play? (Knowing my luck they will win the county this year and I will have egg all over my face!)I've been unfortuate enough to have seen both their games so far and they completly lack coaching. have we forgot the job he did at minor, especially the second year? Please god i hope we don't go down this road. As for other names, Cahalane is a complete non runner, Ephie Fitzgerald had a nightmare with the minors, Tony Leahy - not good enough!.

In my opinion, we need to think completly outside the box. Find someone who is modern football minded, has studied the "Donegal/Mayo/Tyrone" style and will be able to see 2/3 years down the road to where football will be. Who that man is I wish i knew.

Quote:
Really worried about this, we are at a crossroads here. Think it's a tear down and rebuild job rather than a renovation. We need, young hungry, tactically astute, a good knowledge of emerging players, with few affiliations and most importantly the back bone to ignore certain interested parties. Does this hypothetical man exist within the county bounds.

More importantly will Mr x get the job? My real fear is that it will be treated as a reward for loyal Service within the gift of a certain cabal.

A very dangerous crossroad. Better to look forward than back but we all know too well what happened the last time the job came up.

As it is, I'd be surprised if it doesn't go to a selector, continuity is not what we need this time.

Keith ricken?

PS if we need a cautionary tale of good players and successful under 21 teams not becoming good teams look galway for the last 10 years
Old 04-08-2013, 09:41 PM

What about Peter Creedon?

Quote:
peter creedon the tipp manager he is a cork man would be very good with good players around him, has done a good job with tipp with poor players.

Quote:
In the absence of any stand out candidates, we might have to do a bit of soul searching on this one.

The new man does not need necessarily to be the greatest coach in the world, but he needs to have a good tactical awareness, fresh thinking and he needs to bring the right people in around him in the support structure. He needs to be motivational with excellent man-management skills, allied to PR skills. And in this context, he needs to be a Corkman with a footballing background, who fully understands the culture and tradition in Cork.

JBM, ticks all the boxes, has a fulltime job, and can not to be distracted from that.

So what about John Allen...anybody?

Quote:
I take exception to this comment re cuthbert

2 quick points

Last year he turned bishopstown around - best nemo after 2 super games of high scoring attacking football
Beat Clon in another excellent display of football and were beaten 6 days after 11-12 of the team lost a county hurling final the week before

Secondly as minor manager he brought through Hurley/o Rourke /Clancy / Cahalane .... Unlucky to lose an all Ireland final -best Kerry and tipp in their own back yards.... And beat that Galway team which this year won the 21 all Ireland final

He is young and enthusiastic had a background in sports science and is a teacher with plenty time to dedicate to the job
Old 05-08-2013, 01:40 AM

Dinny Allen ?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewest View Post

Story checks out.
Why do you try to curry favour with Cork supporters, are you that insecure as a Kerryman?

Granted, you've come up here for an education but it's pretty shameful.

To paraphrase Billo : Be Honest.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 AM

If you look at the beginning of this thread, everyone was screaming for Cleary to be involved, but the game has moved on. It is a huge decision and should be threatened with respect and professionalism. Each of the candidates should sit down with the board and club representatives and present their plan in full.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

It's down to the board, A.K.A. herr Fuhrer, it's Cuthbert, it's a moot point, we've seen his 'tactics' vs. the Jackeens, roll on 2030, yay.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:58 AM

Tony Leahy would be my pick. I saw B'town against Dohenys and they were like a side playing the first game of the year no idea whatsoever even with all the talent at their disposal but I'd say Frankeen will give it to Curthbert due to the fact he is a NS teacher like himself and is a board yes man
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youghal Exile View Post
From Rebel Gaa.
The Donegal/Tyrone type of football is getting shown to be the flash in the pan that it is, after one season teams have figured it out, and Kerry showed yesterday that a modified version of it works well, but the Donegal version is flawed