tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Flying Enterprise Bullying Campaign - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-09-2016, 02:39 PM

Default Flying Enterprise Bullying Campaign

There has been quite an extensive campaign in the Social and Mainstream Media against The Flying Enterprise. There is much written about rights and nationality. I get involved in campaigns periodically. Close The Dump, Lord Mayor's Salary, get Catholics out of the Schools and Hospitals, and so on. I am not slow to protest. But in this case I protest against the protest. It is bogus and grossly unfair. It is Bullying.

This F.E. campaign is directed against one individual, Finbarr, the owner.
The other manager(s) who first attempted to deal with the matter are not being personally attacked and demonised. Nor is the third party HR company which deals with the 70 staff who work there. Buachaill, the Irish speaking barman, was not fired nor dismissed. In this campaign he did nothing wrong, he is a National Hero. In reality he left the HR mediations, seemingly to spend time on this campaign of demonising Finbarr. He doesn't want his job, nor is he taking any legal proceedings. What does this Blameless Idle Hero actually want?
It appears he wants to assert a 'right' to communicate with customers that he is serving, in Irish. This 'right' in his mind is irrespective of whether those customers understand what he is saying or not. Irrespective of whether this personally directed grandstanding is welcome or not. In fact it was not welcome at all, on several occasions at least. So much so that the customers being addressed complained to management. The bar manager asked our Buachaill to cut it out. He refused and did it again and again. Eventually Finbarr tried to stop this objectionable grandstanding. No success there either, so the HR company tried. Buachaill left during the their mediation efforts, to start a campaign of Demonisation against Finbarr.
What we have here is Online and Media Bullying.
I have seen public personae use their vast numbers of FaceBook 'friends'. Famous Musicians, Senators, Poets. All attacking Finbarr. A man who I believe is decent, liked, and respected.
A man who is providing jobs for 70+. A man who has transformed the old almost derelict Sully's Quay School into a vibrant part of Enterprise Corner.
I see an Article on this website, siding with the Lynch Mob against this man. An unsigned Article. For Shame.

DD

Last edited by DanDan; 17-09-2016 at 02:52 PM..
Old 17-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Senior PROC Member

Maybe Finbarr should get involved in the Corpus Christi parade. Could do wonders for his reputation...

😀
Old 17-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Senior PROC Member

Or see a professional like Mattie to see what his legal options are for defamation and the likes.
Old 17-09-2016, 06:15 PM

The whole thing has blown over by now surely, people are back to protesting about water again, as you were.
Old 17-09-2016, 08:33 PM

Default Payment

Finbarr and his 70+ staff and all the ancillary suppliers are paying plenty of tax Mattie. Which is being misused at City Hall when they provide infrastructure for the intrinsically Sectarian Corpus Christi Event. But that is another matter for another thread.
@jasmin, I also thought it was all over until I spotted the featured article here on PROC.

DD
Old 20-09-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jasmin View Post
The whole thing has blown over by now surely, people are back to protesting about water again, as you were.
Apart from a tiny minority hardcore getting emotional about this, this is yesterday's news. The FE looked as busy as ever last time I passed.
Old 20-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Banned

The FE are probably busy working on ordering the bunting for Seachtain na Gaeilge Week.
Old 20-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
There has been quite an extensive campaign in the Social and Mainstream Media against The Flying Enterprise. There is much written about rights and nationality. I get involved in campaigns periodically. Close The Dump, Lord Mayor's Salary, get Catholics out of the Schools and Hospitals, and so on. I am not slow to protest. But in this case I protest against the protest. It is bogus and grossly unfair. It is Bullying.

This F.E. campaign is directed against one individual, Finbarr, the owner.
The other manager(s) who first attempted to deal with the matter are not being personally attacked and demonised. Nor is the third party HR company which deals with the 70 staff who work there. Buachaill, the Irish speaking barman, was not fired nor dismissed. In this campaign he did nothing wrong, he is a National Hero. In reality he left the HR mediations, seemingly to spend time on this campaign of demonising Finbarr. He doesn't want his job, nor is he taking any legal proceedings. What does this Blameless Idle Hero actually want?
It appears he wants to assert a 'right' to communicate with customers that he is serving, in Irish. This 'right' in his mind is irrespective of whether those customers understand what he is saying or not. Irrespective of whether this personally directed grandstanding is welcome or not. In fact it was not welcome at all, on several occasions at least. So much so that the customers being addressed complained to management. The bar manager asked our Buachaill to cut it out. He refused and did it again and again. Eventually Finbarr tried to stop this objectionable grandstanding. No success there either, so the HR company tried. Buachaill left during the their mediation efforts, to start a campaign of Demonisation against Finbarr.
What we have here is Online and Media Bullying.
I have seen public personae use their vast numbers of FaceBook 'friends'. Famous Musicians, Senators, Poets. All attacking Finbarr. A man who I believe is decent, liked, and respected.
A man who is providing jobs for 70+. A man who has transformed the old almost derelict Sully's Quay School into a vibrant part of Enterprise Corner.
I see an Article on this website, siding with the Lynch Mob against this man. An unsigned Article. For Shame.

DD
Isn't yours an unsigned article?

Your claim that Finbarr is "decent, liked, and respected" doesn't hold water for a lot of people who have encountered him I'm afraid.

As for a business that allegedly employs 70 people but farms out the HR something doesn't sit right imho.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:52 PM

This anti-Irish thing is catching on:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gael...-35064893.html
Old 20-09-2016, 09:08 PM

Dolly is also a victim here

If She goes out on stress grounds as ofen happens in theses instances
you can imagine what state the business will be in then she is the real boss of the FE