tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Next Cork football manager - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Junior footballer is clearly the man for the job
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Hannity View Post
Possibly earning too much as the Senior Football Analyst on here? A handy gig. Could he do both I wonder?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Hannity View Post
I hear he's waiting for the hurling job, being the senior hurling analyst and all like
Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 PM

FWIW looking at Cork yesterday. Haulie O'Neill, I think, was doing the pre game drill and Ronan McCarthy was running onto the pitch giving instructions

48-0
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM

The third level institutions have played a big role in developing Cork players in both codes.

I think Keith Ricken and Dr Paul O'Keeffe should be at least considered.

I'd have serious doubts over both Cleary and Cuthbert. Now we all know the fetish cork teams have for fucking away trophies, but not winning the 2011 under 21 All-Ireland was practically criminal. Winning only one u-21 in the last 6 seasons is as much of an underachievement as only winning one senior.

Cuthbert. Certainly well able to motivate his first minor team but after that somewhat underwhelming. The 12 apostles from Ross blotted his copybook too.

Tony Leahy might be a very interesting choice. Could he be the fella to breathe a big of life back into the Goulding-Kerrigan-Shields-Goold-Kelly etc generation he has at underage? Then again, blew an all Ireland in 06 and couldn't get the Barrs over the line either.

James McCarthy, Haulie, Ronan McCarthy, Ger Sullivan and Ephie would all be major outsiders.

I don't want an outside manager. I absolutely certainly don't want an animal but if the board were that way inclined, which they won't be, Pat O'Shea would be a better call than Jacko.

If it was up to me I'd see if Leahy wanted it, with Keith Ricken and a recent past player like Lynch, Murphy or Canty if he retired as third and final selector.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Jesus, if Jack O'Connor was considered I would never be seen at a Cork match again. I'm not even joking.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM

We should start a petition for jack o Connor! His appointment would have multiple benefits!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
The third level institutions have played a big role in developing Cork players in both codes.

I think Keith Ricken and Dr Paul O'Keeffe should be at least considered.

I'd have serious doubts over both Cleary and Cuthbert. Now we all know the fetish cork teams have for fucking away trophies, but not winning the 2011 under 21 All-Ireland was practically criminal. Winning only one u-21 in the last 6 seasons is as much of an underachievement as only winning one senior.

Cuthbert. Certainly well able to motivate his first minor team but after that somewhat underwhelming. The 12 apostles from Ross blotted his copybook too.

Tony Leahy might be a very interesting choice. Could he be the fella to breathe a big of life back into the Goulding-Kerrigan-Shields-Goold-Kelly etc generation he has at underage? Then again, blew an all Ireland in 06 and couldn't get the Barrs over the line either.

James McCarthy, Haulie, Ronan McCarthy, Ger Sullivan and Ephie would all be major outsiders.

I don't want an outside manager. I absolutely certainly don't want an animal but if the board were that way inclined, which they won't be, Pat O'Shea would be a better call than Jacko.

If it was up to me I'd see if Leahy wanted it, with Keith Ricken and a recent past player like Lynch, Murphy or Canty if he retired as third and final selector.
Good post ,I like the sound of Paul O Keeffe ,with Billy Morgan as selector, didn't they work together with the College
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM

No outstanding candidates really. After Counihan's two year term came to the end last August, you would have been hoping one or two would have thrown their hats into the ring. Instead nothing really happened for a while, the position wasn't advertised or debated much, until the middle of October when Counihan committed to another two years in the role.

Maybe personal circumstances might have made it difficult for someone like Cleary to commit last year. Perhaps Cuthbert was been lined up for the role but wouldn't have had the experience and the thinking was, let him serve his time this year under Counihan.

Only all conjecture on my part. What we do know is the CCB are not in the habit of making left-field appointments. Which is a pity as gaelic football is a young man's game these days, on and off the pitch but the CCB tend to make lads serve their apprenticeship for a while before promoting them through the ranks.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

I know Ricken is highly taught of as a coach not sure of he is on the boards radar though.