Moving to Youghal - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Nicest in what way?

I think Midleton is a nice enough spot albeit it doesn't have the coastline obviously. Midleton has a much more vibrant town centre than Youghal imho. And of course it's nearly 15 miles closer to paradise
😐
Midleton is boring crap in general. Typical interior East Cork hole.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
😐
Midleton is boring crap in general. Typical interior East Cork hole.
Midleton is a semi-rural hellhole.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Midleton is a semi-rural hellhole.

👍
Generally full of gobshites too Stacky. Just look at it's name. A nothing town between Cork and Youghal.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
👍
Generally full of gobshites too Stacky. Just look at it's name. A nothing town between Cork and Youghal.
Best thing about it is the by pass
Old 01-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
👍
Certainly used to be the case 30+ years ago. Look at how things have changed now though. Midleton is a far more desirable place than Youghal at the moment.

A quick look at the house market on Daft and you get
230 for 3 bed 2 bath mid-terrace in Midleton
180 for a 3 bed 3 bath detached in Youghal
Old 01-10-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
Of course the rail line should have been restored. Shite local politicians. Now theyre acting like the greenway is anything but the death knell for the town.
Not so much the politicians but the utter dopes of Youghalese who voted them in and who think a greenway would be great for "de kids". Ye had a chance to get a railway back and you blew it.

Greenways aren't very green anyhow, most everyone has to drive to one to use one.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Midleton is just faceless to me. I know it's probably more active but it could be any old town. Youghal has 5km (?) Of beach. That's pretty cool. And you can get a pretty sweet gaff for 250k there. You'd be buying a hovel closer to town for that money. Also I come from Carrigaline, you could easily be an hour getting to work in the city. Probably similar commute to Youghal at rush hour even though a lot further.

I am still not fully decided. I don't like the backward thinking families owning main street. Or the lack of activities for young people. But I do like other aspects and can see green shoots.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Spanker View Post
Midleton is just faceless to me. I know it's probably more active but it could be any old town. Youghal has 5km (?) Of beach. That's pretty cool. And you can get a pretty sweet gaff for 250k there. You'd be buying a hovel closer to town for that money. Also I come from Carrigaline, you could easily be an hour getting to work in the city. Probably similar commute to Youghal at rush hour even though a lot further.

I am still not fully decided. I don't like the backward thinking families owning main street. Or the lack of activities for young people. But I do like other aspects and can see green shoots.
Youghal is a kip m8.

Thats why rents and house prices are so low there.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
Youghal is a kip m8.

Thats why rents and house prices are so low there.

Youghal was a desirable place up until the late 80's.
Since then though it is as if it is frozen in a time zone of sorts.
Seems to me that the likes of budget travel opening the Spanish resorts to most especially Norries showed them that you can go to a beach and even experience the sun.

As was said to me last week when I had to go down there on business, all the Northside heads to Youghal on a sunny day.
I just happened to be on the Northside at the time.

If you are a Norrie, it is Utopia, so I am led to believe
Old 01-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarney rebel View Post
I bought a house in youghal in 2014 and have never looked back. Exceptional value for example our house was originally 380,000 when they were built and we paid 167,000. Bought at the right time and one of the lucky ones. I commute to little island every day and it takes 30 minutes in the morning and 35-40 minutes going home in the evening. It could take that long to get from the city to carrigaline with the traffic in the evenings.
Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal to Little Island to Youghal.

Christ, what did you do in a previous life to deserve that living hell?

Please tell me that at least you don’t have some piece of crap Asian shitbox for that “commute.”