Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-02-2019, 10:54 AM

Default Ray Hudson - Insane Commentary

Have you ever heard of Ray Hudson or listened to his commentaries, known as the mental commentator, especially when Leo Messi is playing. Watched the Barcelona v Real Madrid last night and he was on!

Some of his best lines on Leo:

1.“Again, the medicine man arrives and sinks his flaming spear into the hearts of Real Madrid…....Messi, born in the cross-fire hurricane and he is Jumping Jack Flash.”
2.“Absolutely astonishing from the man from Argentina, who is cleaner than Neutrogena with his finish.”
3.“Messi, you could drop a tarantula into his shorts and he’ll still be cool.”
4.“Whenever you need a fireman, Messi is the man to call"
5."He gets his angles better than isosceles again."
6."Better balanced than a big Greek belly dancer."
7."They convene on him like cheetahs on a gazelle."
8."He uses the upright as his reference point like Minnesota Fats on a pool table"
9.“Defenders try to follow him on Facebook and he comes out on Twitter, that's how evasive he is."
10.“It’s like he’s playing a tambourine on his knee.”
11.“He soaks up the defenders just like a paper towel soaks up milk.”
12.“Footballing's bird of paradise is fluffing his feathers beautifully.”
13.“Angles mean nothing to this man — he could decorate a rose and make it look better.”
14.“Messi invents passing lanes, he doesn't look for them.”
15.“He abides in the magnetic spectrum of genius with the ball. Pure footballing magic.”
16.“Messi, the nerve of a cat burglar. And cool as the seeds inside the cucumber.”
17.“Arrives like a witch on a broomstick and produces the hocus pocus in front of goal.”
18."He's chasing after the ball like a zombie on a twinkie!"
19.“Nothing less than witchcraft from the sorcerer of football”.
20.“He arrives like a ghost in the night. There ain't any tracking of him....X-rays couldn't track this guy down.”
21."They tell me that all men are equal in God’s eyes, this guy makes you seriously think about those words."
Old 07-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Excellent, I’ve never listened to him but now I must. Most commentators are anodyne.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:49 AM

There's a fine line between that and becoming self aware though, that fella on the darts was always trying to be mad.

That gowl Robson that now does the Ulster games in the Pro14 and was always getting the Irish provinces games when they were on Sky is similar.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
There's a fine line between that and becoming self aware though, that fella on the darts was always trying to be mad.

That gowl Robson that now does the Ulster games in the Pro14 and was always getting the Irish provinces games when they were on Sky is similar.
Hudson is just trying to be Syd Waddell, same Geordie accent 'nall. I don't fancy him myself. I watched parts of the Clasico last night on BeIN USA in glorious silence.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:36 PM

Waddell! That's the guy.

He was headwrecking.