tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Best Microdisney Song Ever! - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: What's your favourite Microdisney song?
National Anthem 0 0%
Dolly 2 20.00%
Fictionland 0 0%
Loftholdingswood 2 20.00%
Town to town 4 40.00%
I have no idea wtf you are asking me 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-03-2006, 09:03 PM

'Loftholdingswood' is the song for me.

"Only losers take the bus!"
Old 01-10-2007, 05:01 PM

MICRODISNEY: THE FIRST COMPILATION OUT NOW!

MICRODISNEY: Daunt Square To Elsewhere: Anthology 1982-88

(Castle / Santuary / CMEDD156

Microdisney are a seminal Irish band. Formed in Cork by Cathal Coughlan and Sean O'Hagan, they went onto create some of the most important recordings in Irish rock music.

Like many bands, who may otherwise have gone unrecognised, they were given a wider audience by BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel. They recorded for Kabuki, Rough Trade and Virgin records. Albums included the early compilation 'We Hate You South African Bastards! '(later renamed 'Love Your Enemies'), 'Everybody Is Fantastic' and 'The Clock Comes Down The Stairs'. After signing to Virgin they released two albums 'Crooked Mile' and '39 Minutes'. Their second single, 1983’s 'Pink Skinned Man' is a superb indie record, produced by Dave Feeley. They began recording in Cork, producing a muted atmospheric sound. After their initial Peel sessions and meeting with John Porter (also of the Smiths) their sound became more commercial and chart orientated. 'Town to Town' (1985) was a fine rock-along sing-song but Microdisney’s 1987 single 'Singer’s Hampstead Home' is often described as an attack on Boy George (of Culture Club fame). This is the first compilation from one of the earth's best post punk bands.

Disc 1
Hello Rascals / Pink Skinned Man / Dolly/ A Few Kisses / Dreaming Drains / I'll Be A Gentleman / Sun / Liberal Love / Everybody Is Dead / Patrick Moore Says You Can't Sleep Here / Michael Murphy / Love Your Enemies / 464 Loftholdingswood

Disc 2
Past / Birthday Girl / Horse Overboard / Begging Bowl / And / Are You Happy / Town To Town / Big Sleeping House / Rack / Mrs Simpson / Give Me All Of Your Clothes / Singer's Hampstead Home / United Colours / Gale Force Wind

=====

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Old 01-10-2007, 05:06 PM

if zep got back together then maybe microdisney will do!!??!!

CMJ Print
Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

Awesome stuff!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
MICRODISNEY: THE FIRST COMPILATION OUT NOW!

MICRODISNEY: Daunt Square To Elsewhere: Anthology 1982-88

(Castle / Santuary / CMEDD156

Microdisney are a seminal Irish band. Formed in Cork by Cathal Coughlan and Sean O'Hagan, they went onto create some of the most important recordings in Irish rock music.

Like many bands, who may otherwise have gone unrecognised, they were given a wider audience by BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel. They recorded for Kabuki, Rough Trade and Virgin records. Albums included the early compilation 'We Hate You South African Bastards! '(later renamed 'Love Your Enemies'), 'Everybody Is Fantastic' and 'The Clock Comes Down The Stairs'. After signing to Virgin they released two albums 'Crooked Mile' and '39 Minutes'. Their second single, 1983’s 'Pink Skinned Man' is a superb indie record, produced by Dave Feeley. They began recording in Cork, producing a muted atmospheric sound. After their initial Peel sessions and meeting with John Porter (also of the Smiths) their sound became more commercial and chart orientated. 'Town to Town' (1985) was a fine rock-along sing-song but Microdisney’s 1987 single 'Singer’s Hampstead Home' is often described as an attack on Boy George (of Culture Club fame). This is the first compilation from one of the earth's best post punk bands.

Disc 1
Hello Rascals / Pink Skinned Man / Dolly/ A Few Kisses / Dreaming Drains / I'll Be A Gentleman / Sun / Liberal Love / Everybody Is Dead / Patrick Moore Says You Can't Sleep Here / Michael Murphy / Love Your Enemies / 464 Loftholdingswood

Disc 2
Past / Birthday Girl / Horse Overboard / Begging Bowl / And / Are You Happy / Town To Town / Big Sleeping House / Rack / Mrs Simpson / Give Me All Of Your Clothes / Singer's Hampstead Home / United Colours / Gale Force Wind

=====

Great stuff
Old 01-10-2007, 06:50 PM

Is this widely available? Love Town to Town but not at all familiar with any of their other tracks.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeencalleddan View Post
Is this widely available? Love Town to Town but not at all familiar with any of their other tracks.
i imagine plugd will have it in soon, if not already

CMJ Print
Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Dispatched from Amazon this evening, should have it by the weekend, woo hoo!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 PM

Interesting shot of Daunt Square!

I noticed Sanctuary are also releasing a 3cd Stump thing.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboy View Post

I noticed Sanctuary are also releasing a 3cd Stump thing.
looking forward to that

CMJ Print