tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork minor hurling 2019 - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
Think u18 was more natural age group for minor - not only did it reflect club minors but that extra year makes massive difference for some of the players in terms of their physical development.

Rebel Og used too be excellent in providing online news and info on the development squads and underage tournaments. Has lapsed in last year or two. Don't think it's related to the change from u18 to u17.
I'd say U17 comes under Cork County Board and not Rebel og, which might explain part of it.
I think with the new rules about u17s not being allowed to play adult level, players who may of gained exposure playing with their clubs 1st team in the past is no longer happening.
Think back to the mid noughties when 3 minors received man of the match awards in the senior, intermediate and junior finals and they were all Cork minors. That creates a natural buzz about it.
Also, with the new age and Harty gone to U19, less players are dominating in that sphere as well, so all those things probably lead to less interest in it
Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Munster u15 regional tournament on today. All 4 semi finalists from Cork, that's fair going. Cork City, north Cork, East Cork and mid west Cork
Old 04-05-2019, 06:20 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpCork123 View Post
Munster u15 regional tournament on today. All 4 semi finalists from Cork, that's fair going. Cork City, north Cork, East Cork and mid west Cork
What venues ?
Old 04-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
What venues ?
Semis and finals on in Mallow Monday at 11 with finals at 12.30
Old 05-05-2019, 07:36 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
Semis and finals on in Mallow Monday at 11 with finals at 12.30
Thanks ,might take a spin out 👍
Old 05-05-2019, 09:01 AM

Great joined up thinking with a load of club u16 football games going ahead today. Burn out my hole.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:24 PM

15 or 16 posts on Cork minors 2019. I think that's a reflection on the lack of general interest since age was reduced to U17. Speaking personally I find it hard to get enthused since the age change - it just doesn't have the same appeal.

Nonetheless best of luck the the young rebels for what hopefully will be a long season.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:33 PM

Ya i do think not being able to see these players in the club championship has reduced the appeal. Also from watching the games last i don't think they had the same physicality and speed to them. The year makes a huge difference at this age..
Old 07-05-2019, 01:33 PM

It’s a fair point. I think without the direct link with Harty teams as well now there isn’t the same interest
Old 07-05-2019, 03:09 PM

I see young Cahalane on the football panel for tonight, I presume he is still with the hurlers as well.
I imagine with the new structures in both Hurling and football, now more than ever is harder to do dual at minor