tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
O2 gone - Cork GAA looking for new sponsor - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 31-10-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewest View Post
Shirley a company with revenue of €5 billion and facilities on 5 continents is a blue-chip multinational Tony?!!

I'd love to know who gets the best sponsorship deal of all the counties...probably the jackeens because of jersey sale revenue. Kerry group are a vital to us anyway, I know that. Couldn't function without them.
Around the time of the Vodafone deal I think it was reported there are more Dublin jerseys sold in the capital than Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool combined.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Shirley a company with revenue of €5 billion and facilities on 5 continents is a blue-chip multinational Tony?!!

I'd love to know who gets the best sponsorship deal of all the counties...probably the jackeens because of jersey sale revenue. Kerry group are a vital to us anyway, I know that. Couldn't function without them.
Vodafones deal with Dublin is the most lucrative afaik.
it's going to be a big ask to find a sponsor to match o2's input over the last decade and a half. on the flip side, a new sponsor might breathe some fresh life into the brand side odds things.
Old 31-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Apple was the first company that came into my head as a replacement also..huge company with a Euro HQ in Cork, have been here for years and have a good connection with the place. Would EMC be big enough for it?

The money in Sports sponsorship is crazy...I've seen some paperwork on corporate events and VIP appearances and the sums involved are mind boggling.
The Celtic Tiger might be gone, but there will be several suitors grovelling to Frankeen and co for the right to have their brand on the blood and bandage, guaranteed.
Old 31-10-2012, 09:02 PM

hopefully we'll get nicer jerseys too! never liked the current ones with the dark red tick on the chest. seriously its a big loss and will be hard to replace. wouldn't be surprised to see 2 sponsors to cover the cost of 2 teams in the top 4 of each code
Old 31-10-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
Vodafones deal with Dublin is the most lucrative afaik.
it's going to be a big ask to find a sponsor to match o2's input over the last decade and a half. on the flip side, a new sponsor might breathe some fresh life into the brand side odds things.
According to Irish Times of last week:

"Beyond the top tier of counties - those populous and successful enough to earn six-figure (and in Dublin' s case, closer to seven-figure) sums a year - the bulk of the deals fall in the region of E70,000 to E100,000 per annum but for some it can dip to E50,000 and less."
Old 31-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Ah, you know what I mean westy.

Actually, I wouldn't put it past ye cunts to sponsor us so as we run out below in Killarney with KERRY written across the blood and bandage
Old 31-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Bob ryan electrical next sponsors.. U heard it here first
Old 31-10-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocker View Post
Bob ryan electrical next sponsors.. U heard it here first
My god it would be unreal. Could you imagine Youghally walking around with a Cork jersey on with Bob Ryan Elec. splashed across the front of it.
Old 31-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Apple don't do advertising/sponsorship.. Well very little of it anyway.
Last year Oprah Winfrey wanted to use the Ipad as part of a Xmas special.
Bearing in mind publicity from the most successful TV show in TV history globally
is meant to be worth Millions and then some..
Apple said Thanks But NO THANKS..
'We don't need the publicity..' was the response.
They can't make their shit fast enough to satisfy demand.

A sponsor is important.
O2 have been good to GAA in Cork and these things usually run their course.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another telecomms company come in and replace them.
O2 are involved with Irish rugby as well.

I think we did well out of em and a change might not be a bad thing
Old 31-10-2012, 10:14 PM

There was a rumour that Kildare were trying to tap up Kerry Group because of the Naas thing.