tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Training Run Times - Page 1469 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-09-2019, 08:30 AM

Sub 15 min 5k for Smurf in Cork last night. Congrats.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounding Road View Post
Sub 15 min 5k for Smurf in Cork last night. Congrats.
Saw that alright. Fantastic result for him. Major congrats for sub 15. Did we ever think we'd be typing that on this thread!?

Btw, there's a great finish line vid that misses Maunsell the winner but has superb footage of Smurf sprinting for the line. I presume he was looking at the clock!!!

No comment.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
Saw that alright. Fantastic result for him. Major congrats for sub 15. Did we ever think we'd be typing that on this thread!?

Btw, there's a great finish line vid that misses Maunsell the winner but has superb footage of Smurf sprinting for the line. I presume he was looking at the clock!!!
Link?

Well done smurf BTW!!
Old 06-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Senior PROC Member

It's on the Cork running blog page. Can't link; on phone. Probably couldn't link anyway 😉 It's some fooking sprint 'n all.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:19 AM

Just in case

https://corkrunning.blogspot.com/201...me-5k.html?m=1
Old 07-09-2019, 11:36 AM

Great video - you were fair in the zone there smurf!

Meanwhile two lads from our club who have been duking it out all season for M50 titles at these races were side by side coming down the stretch. Each grabbed the other by the hand as they got to the line in 18:22 - allegedly to share the glory but maybe also to each stop the other lad from taking it

They agreed to share the M50 prize until they discovered Cathal O’Connell (an M55) had beaten them by two minutes and there was no M55 category.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:18 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackpoolTerrier View Post
Great video - you were fair in the zone there smurf!

Meanwhile two lads from our club who have been duking it out all season for M50 titles at these races were side by side coming down the stretch. Each grabbed the other by the hand as they got to the line in 18:22 - allegedly to share the glory but maybe also to each stop the other lad from taking it

They agreed to share the M50 prize until they discovered Cathal O’Connell (an M55) had beaten them by two minutes and there was no M55 category.
Lol!! I do think that you should refuse an age cat podium if a lad from an older category beats you.

18:22......... (lucky I didn't hop on a flight )

No comment.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:13 PM

Well, it's never a proper marathon program is it? Not without a few purgatory-style burns up Raffeen Hill, 1.5 miles of lung and quad-busting joy.

Here it is on this morning's Garmin profile - feckin' state of it -looks like we went to London to climb the Gherkin...

Old 19-09-2019, 10:11 AM

How is the training going with everyone ? The distance is slowly ramping up for me now. Even the midweek mileage is going up.

Looking at the garmin profile of that Raffeen run BT, i wonder is the value more in the psychological rather than physiological to that one.. a kind of.. "if i can do this at the fag end of a long run, then i can do anything" kind of a thing.

Travel meant that i wasnt able to do Charleville last weekend, but i noticed a new Eagle soar to great heights..

Next up for me now is Cork to Cobh.. that annual "you're doing WHAT ??" from non runners who find out about it... its funny.. tell them you did a 20 miler at the weekend and there's a shrug of the shoulders, tell them you are running from Cork to Cobh and they look at you as if you have ten heads.. "Cork to Cobh ?? I would think twice about driving it.. let alone run it "
Old 19-09-2019, 12:34 PM

Getting along here PR - loads of niggles and a bad calf but putting in the miles. Per line 7 below though - not getting any mastery of MP.
Have 10 days in the States coming up for work - that will be a serious disruption but will try to keep the miles up as a minimum.

Meanwhile, here's an analysis of life as an ordinary casual runner versus life when you're in a marathon program