tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Official Pro Wrestling Thread - Page 484 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser Brody View Post
Seen the tombstone on Goldberg , legitimately lucky not to break his neck.

Talk about two lads ruining their legacy !
tis vince and the arabs who are ruining their legacy.

that’s the third event they’ve hosted. i can’t remember if it’s 10 shows or a 10 year deal. it’s a disgrace when the women’s division is the best thing going for the company and the desert dwellers won’t allow them wrestle.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:39 PM

Think they’ve done way more than 3 shows over the years but yeah they’ve apparently a lucrative long term deal in place .

Kevin Owens and Daniel Bryan wouldn’t travel this time on ethical reasons , I can see that number rising each year .

Last edited by Browser Brody; 09-06-2019 at 08:32 PM..
Old 09-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Senior PROC Member

Vince would have the old dolls back in bra and panties matches if the Arabs gave him enough coin.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
Vince would have the old dolls back in bra and panties matches if the Arabs gave him enough coin.
Christ i miss those days. The wan who was married to Golddust used give me a right horn.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:12 PM

Incidentally , there is a great podcast with Dustin Rhodes aka Goldust on talk is Jericho , the Chris Jericho podcast.

Goes into a bit of the backstory of how the gimmick
came about.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser Brody View Post
Incidentally , there is a great podcast with Dustin Rhodes aka Goldust on talk is Jericho , the Chris Jericho podcast.

Goes into a bit of the backstory of how the gimmick
came about.
It was very controversial for the time.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:02 PM

Definitely pushed a few buttons alright, but he wasn’t the first. And interestingly by the late 90’s/early 2000’s these types of gimmicks were largely passé. Lenny Lane/Lodi and Billy/Chuck and Rico are the last ones I can recall. Weird to think that if you were portrayed as gay/effeminate then you were automatically evil.

‘Gorgeous’ George Wagner had been doing the effeminate gimmick in the 40’s and 50’s. ‘Exotic’ Adrian Street had been doing it in the 60’s in the uk and the 70’s and 80’s in the US. Adrian Adonis did the gimmick in the 80’s most notably .

All were heterosexual men pretending to be gay to attract the wrath of the paying crowd.

Last edited by Browser Brody; 10-06-2019 at 05:47 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Senior PROC Member

I'm waiting on a Lars Sullivan v the 3 boys in a Taco Bell street fight as every week he is just beating on the lucha lads.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:51 PM

Given what I’ve read about Lars Sullivan he could easily snap and pull a ken Patera from years ago.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 PM

jesus christ. just watched taker v goldberg out of curiosity. how neither of them isn’t in a wheelchair today is ridiculous.

cole goes after the pin “the undertaker just realises he was in a battle!” no, m8. the undertaker realises he should be in a nursing home. unless vince has him in somecretsrfed contract he should head off into the sunset before killing himself or someone else.

as an aside, i’ve mentioned the saudis not allowing the wimmin to wrestle but what of the undertaker? would that gimmick not fly in the face of their beliefs? especially when the entrance was basically a rehash of the mania entrance with the druids.? or the demon, is that not heresy according to them?

seems like a double slap in the face to the better half of wwe at the moment.