tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Offcial Irish Basketball Thread 2007-08 - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 PM

In fairness ,most people in Demons are sound but these guys just give the club a bad name.What exactly happened now,i can nearly guess who they were again.What the fcuk is Rawley doing?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringmusic View Post
In fairness ,most people in Demons are sound but these guys just give the club a bad name.What exactly happened now,i can nearly guess who they were again.What the fcuk is Rawley doing?
I won't argue that with you i have mates playing with Demons and most of the club members are ok and it's unfair that they do what they do, As for yesterday Neptune were playing Fr Matthews and the Matthews coach was kicked out of the hall by the ref(thats another story trust me)and the two Demons heads were getting at the Neptune coach saying he was calling the fouls not the ref, The Neptune coach kept his cool but it was unfair on him trying to coach the game and have these two fools behind him shouting at him coaching under 13s.
Oh and Rawley does feck all he is happy once he gets his money.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pointplay View Post
I won't argue that with you i have mates playing with Demons and most of the club members are ok and it's unfair that they do what they do, As for yesterday Neptune were playing Fr Matthews and the Matthews coach was kicked out of the hall by the ref(thats another story trust me)and the two Demons heads were getting at the Neptune coach saying he was calling the fouls not the ref, The Neptune coach kept his cool but it was unfair on him trying to coach the game and have these two fools behind him shouting at him coaching under 13s.
Oh and Rawley does feck all he is happy once he gets his money.
Was it Paul Manning and did him and this ref have some history?

And a highlight of going to Demons National League games is seeing Rawley in a jacket and tie.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogTheLangerHunter View Post
Was it Paul Manning and did him and this ref have some history?

And a highlight of going to Demons National League games is seeing Rawley in a jacket and tie.
Yep and that ref should not have games like that to ref on his own.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Yep and that ref should not have games like that to ref on his own.
Thats a disgrace,that ref a has a real chip on his shoulder,shouldn't be allowed ref any Fr.Mathews matches ever since he threw Manning out in an U-11 b championship a few years back.

Who did the match go?I heard that Mathews team is fairly handy.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Thats a disgrace,that ref a has a real chip on his shoulder,shouldn't be allowed ref any Fr.Mathews matches ever since he threw Manning out in an U-11 b championship a few years back.

Who did the match go?I heard that Mathews team is fairly handy.
It happened at the end of the first qt and knocked the stuffing from Mathews so Neptune pulled away and won well, It would have been closer if not for all that bullshit but i know Neptune would have won it.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
... but i know Neptune would have won it.
You wouldn't be in anyway bias would ya?

I wonder where this puts Paddy's theory that refs in Cork are fair
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't be in anyway bias would ya?

I wonder where this puts Paddy's theory that refs in Cork are fair
Me not at all
Old 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay-up View Post
3pointplay……the big 2 locally in Cork yes….Nationally this remains to be seen.6th Oct at The Dyke……where did you get this info ??? Do you know that Ballina have appealed a decision by BasketballIreland to move them to the south conference.(www.eurobasket.com) . Ballina have a petition at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...asketball.html
I did,nt hear about Sasa and The Mardyke club….I find it hard to believe it can be a possibility.Traditio nally Demons go for U.S. Coach,s.
String music,s got a valid point about “hecklers” etc….It cannot possibly help a team though…probably too the irish players from last season would be too savvy for him and pay as much attention to him as to last seasons coach before he resigned.Oh he does,nt know his stuff either….it,s too advanced his stuff and he loses it when his players do not respond …is this what we want by way of setting an example of what good coaching can be for our younger players!.Stringmusic says it all when he says Punto,s team declined as time went on last season.
You,re on the ball though with saying it,s not all the coach,s fault….My question is where does responsibility lay and how can teams ensure responsibility.
No real news on players as yet….I expect the Ballina story will impact on decisions throughout the Country until it,s resolved.

sorry for this late reply but i'm just after reading this post about sasa and i can tell you this is some load of horsesh*it.the only thing advanced about sasa is his state of insanity.how could you possibly know (this is paddys post i take it).sasa had the knowledge of a peanut and his attitude was ....i'm serbian we were 5 times world champions and i'm here to teach ye turf makers how to play ball.neptune never won once they went behind last year and 90% of that was the coachs fault and his plays.he didnt want to run fast breaks and when neptune did it was due to the players telling him they needed do it.he didnt support any player and god helped a player who missed a shot as in the next training session they would get an earful in front of the whole team.this led to the younger players being sh*t scared of taking a shot...even in training.if he was so good how did he end up coming from assistant coach in red star to superleague ball.he was full of his own importance ,lacked leadership qualities,was unprofessional and basically had not the expertise as a coach to make the calls that can pull games from the fire.it got to the stage where all confidence was lost in him and he only had his eye on the irish womens team job...look at his record there too.i heard the neptune players got sick of his ranting between and after games and when he was confronted he walked off......get your details straight paddy before you go off with one of your silly ramblings
Old 12-10-2007, 02:01 PM

i dont believe it, the irish basketball official site actually has up to date matches on this site. wow

Sat 13th October
UU Jordanstown Sports Ctr.@17:00 University Ulster v Merry Monk Ballina
SuperLeague Cross Conference
Sat 13th October
U.L. Arena@18:00 Limerick Lions v DCU Saints
Sat 13th October
UCD Sports Centre@19:15 UCD/Marian v Mustang St. Pauls
Sat 13th October
I.W.A., Clontarf@20:00 DART Killester v Neptune

Sat 13th October
Tralee Sports Complex@20:00 Abrakebabra Tigers v Hoops
Sun 14th October
Mardyke Arena@15:15 UCC Demons v Belfast Star
Fri 19th October
National Basketball Arena@20:30 Hoops v University Ulster
SuperLeague North Conference
Sat 20th October
Jordanstown Sports Ctr.@19:15 Belfast Star v DART Killester
SuperLeague North Conference
Sat 20th October
Presentation Gym@19:30 Mustang St. Pauls v Abrakebabra Tigers
SuperLeague South Conference
Sun 21st October
Neptune Stadium@15:15 Neptune v Merry Monk Ballin

wooohooo our first home game next sunday week!!!!!!

find it rather odd that demons and neptune arent meeting until the end of december and then at the start of january, back to back games against each other