tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Spurs thread - Page 7 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-08-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotbait View Post
Martin Jol getting sacked rumours persist, stories of boardroom meeting with Juande Ramos current boss at Sevilla. Apparently the meeting was an unrelated matter and wasn't a covert meeting to begin the sacking of Jol.

Jol has apparently fallen out with Damien Comolli who is the guy who buys the players at Spurs and hes less than happy with the treatment of Bent so far. Decent article by John Nicholson in football365

Completely agree and think it is absolutely insane to get rid of Jol now. Has done something Spurs fans have been looking for for years, a team that plays good football and are half decent.
with a lot of outgoings
Old 20-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Jol should only be sacked if somebody with the pedigree of say Capello would be the replacement. Ramos has done very well with Sevilla but I think that would be a risky appointment.
Old 20-08-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeencalleddan View Post
Jol should only be sacked if somebody with the pedigree of say Capello would be the replacement. Ramos has done very well with Sevilla but I think that would be a risky appointment.
I think it's fair to say that Jol has become a victim of his own success. His achievement in getting 5th place two seasons in a row, has rasied the bar considerably at White hart lane, to the level where aiming for fourth is expected as the next step.

It would be very hasty to sack him after only three games, the latest of which was a four nil win.

it not Real Madrid FFS
Old 21-08-2007, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend76 View Post
I think it's fair to say that Jol has become a victim of his own success. His achievement in getting 5th place two seasons in a row, has rasied the bar considerably at White hart lane, to the level where aiming for fourth is expected as the next step.

It would be very hasty to sack him after only three games, the latest of which was a four nil win.

it not Real Madrid FFS
Its a disgrace if they sack him in fairness, he's done a superb job there. As you say, its not fucking Real Madrid, he needs to be given time to build a team.
Old 21-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Tottenham boss Martin Jol's job remains under threat because he has lost the confidence of several top officials at the club, BBC Sport understands
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6954968.stm
Old 21-08-2007, 07:33 AM

Halfways through last season I posted that I didn't think Jol had the tactical expertise to get spurs challenging the big four. I still believe this is the case. I think it would be harsh to get rid of him as he has done extremely well for us but I won't be crying myself to sleep about it all the same. Apparently the main reason hes being sacked is because he asked for Berbatov to be transfer listed after they had an arguement just after the Sunderland game. Make of that what you will

On the plus side we have been linked with a £10 mill move for Riquelme and he wants to come to spurs according to his agent. However I will be amazed if West Ham do not make a £25 mill offer tomorrrow and offer him 4 times the wages we are prepared to offer probably about £250,000 a week knowing those muppets. He will definitely be the best paid player in the championship next season if he takes them up on it!!!!!!!!
Old 21-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCityKid View Post
Halfways through last season I posted that I didn't think Jol had the tactical expertise to get spurs challenging the big four. I still believe this is the case. I think it would be harsh to get rid of him as he has done extremely well for us but I won't be crying myself to sleep about it all the same. Apparently the main reason hes being sacked is because he asked for Berbatov to be transfer listed after they had an arguement just after the Sunderland game. Make of that what you will

On the plus side we have been linked with a £10 mill move for Riquelme and he wants to come to spurs according to his agent. However I will be amazed if West Ham do not make a £25 mill offer tomorrrow and offer him 4 times the wages we are prepared to offer probably about £250,000 a week knowing those muppets. He will definitely be the best paid player in the championship next season if he takes them up on it!!!!!!!!
LOL

Amazed Liam hasn't stunned us with a witty comeback
Old 22-08-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
LOL

Amazed Liam hasn't stunned us with a witty comeback
still amazed he hasn't woed us with his wit

from THFC.Com

Quote:
THANKS AND FURTHER CLARIFICATION
22/08/2007 09:28:53
The Club wishes to thank all those fans who wrote to the Board, the Manager and the Club with their views and support.
To further clarify the situation - the Club wishes to make it clear and unequivocal that no individual was or has been offered the position of manager/coach at this Club whilst that position has been held by Martin Jol. It is wholly inaccurate and inappropriate to suggest otherwise.
Old 22-08-2007, 12:23 PM

someone somewhere is lying.

THFC say
Quote:
the Club wishes to make it clear and unequivocal that no individual was or has been offered the position of manager/coach at this Club whilst that position has been held by Martin Jol. It is wholly inaccurate and inappropriate to suggest otherwise.
and yet
Sevilla coach Juande Ramos says he rejected a "dizzying" offer to take over from Martin Jol at Tottenham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ur/6958450.stm
Old 23-08-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
someone somewhere is lying.

THFC say

and yet
Sevilla coach Juande Ramos says he rejected a "dizzying" offer to take over from Martin Jol at Tottenham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ur/6958450.stm
turns out it was ramos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dirty liar
"People are talking about wages and an offer from Tottenham," Ramos told The Times.

"I never got an offer to take charge of the club.

"When I described a possible offer as 'dizzying', I only meant the kind of money English clubs can pay at the moment makes any possible offer dizzying.

"People have put words in my mouth.

"I want to apologise if I have upset anybody. It was not my intention.

"In the press conference I only wanted to show clearly my commitment to Seville.

"I have a big project on my hands and I am very proud to lead it. I am staying at Seville."