tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
English Football Championship Thread - Page 550 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5491  
Old 17-09-2019, 08:32 PM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,003
Default



Early days but stats wise, things are looking good.

But statisical dominance and lovely looking graphs didn't get us over the line last year. I'm hopeful Biesla, in his second year in charge, will take on board any lessons from last term. I think Eddie Nketiah is already making a difference to our efficiency in front of goal.
Reply With Quote
  #5492  
Old 17-09-2019, 08:41 PM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post


Early days but stats wise, things are looking good.



But statisical dominance and lovely looking graphs didn't get us over the line last year. I'm hopeful Biesla, in his second year in charge, will take on board any lessons from last term. I think Eddie Nketiah is already making a difference to our efficiency in front of goal.
Nketia making a massive difference, most fans clamouring for him to start but bielsa
Going on the logic by bringing. Him on v. Tiring defences will pay. Dividends.
Reply With Quote
  #5493  
Old 17-09-2019, 09:01 PM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Nketia making a massive difference, most fans clamouring for him to start but bielsa
Going on the logic by bringing. Him on v. Tiring defences will pay. Dividends.
I see the logic, but I think holding Costa/Nketiah back has cost us 2 or 3 points already. But Biesla is looking at the bigger picture and he probably wants those two lads fresh for a long campaign. Not having options to freshen up the team cost us dearly last year.

Hernandez is not going to manage 34-36 games again, so Costa will be key.

Good win on Sunday. Barnsley played well and caused us a lot of problems.
Reply With Quote
  #5494  
Old 17-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post


Early days but stats wise, things are looking good.

But statisical dominance and lovely looking graphs didn't get us over the line last year. I'm hopeful Biesla, in his second year in charge, will take on board any lessons from last term. I think Eddie Nketiah is already making a difference to our efficiency in front of goal.
It would be outrageously unlucky for that to happen again. Leeds should romp it. Norwich had a bum set of results under their belts this time last year.
Reply With Quote
  #5495  
Old 21-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Samarkand Samarkand is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 643
Default

Afobe out for the season. Disaster for Bristol City. Really thought we were contenders (behind Leeds, who should walk it imo) but he's a big, big loss. We've still got a few good players to come back but he moved us from playoff outsiders to promotion contenders.
Reply With Quote
  #5496  
Old 21-09-2019, 11:04 AM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
Afobe out for the season. Disaster for Bristol City. Really thought we were contenders (behind Leeds, who should walk it imo) but he's a big, big loss. We've still got a few good players to come back but he moved us from playoff outsiders to promotion contenders.
That is a savage blow,
Reply With Quote
  #5497  
Old 21-09-2019, 12:58 PM
The Bandit The Bandit is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 488
Default

Leeds all over Derby who haven't even had a shot on goal. Bamford playing well but missed a few he should have put away. Just missed penalty in a game that should be out of sight. I fear we could get caught.
Reply With Quote
  #5498  
Old 21-09-2019, 01:18 PM
The Bandit The Bandit is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 488
Default

Ffs. What a game to throw away. Total control and blow it. Probably a coincidence that both teams sponsored by same betting company
Reply With Quote
  #5499  
Old 21-09-2019, 01:44 PM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
Ffs. What a game to throw away. Total control and blow it. Probably a coincidence that both teams sponsored by same betting company
In a nutshell, total dominance for 90 minutes and they score in injury time with their first shot on target. Seven points fucked away already in home games where we controlled the game but couldn't finish our chances.

This descision to hold Nketiah on the bench until the last 10 minutes is doing my head in.

Very frustrating but roll on next week, when we'll continue to pick Harrison and Bamford and wonder why we are so wasteful in our crossing and shooting.
Reply With Quote
  #5500  
Old 21-09-2019, 02:22 PM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,694
Default

Beyond infuriating home form a worry we started like a train derby looked clueless . But when you don't kill a game off you invite trouble
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.