tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
English Football Championship Thread - Page 550 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-09-2019, 08:32 PM

Early days but stats wise, things are looking good.

But statisical dominance and lovely looking graphs didn't get us over the line last year. I'm hopeful Biesla, in his second year in charge, will take on board any lessons from last term. I think Eddie Nketiah is already making a difference to our efficiency in front of goal.
Old 17-09-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post

But statisical dominance and lovely looking graphs didn't get us over the line last year. I'm hopeful Biesla, in his second year in charge, will take on board any lessons from last term. I think Eddie Nketiah is already making a difference to our efficiency in front of goal.
Nketia making a massive difference, most fans clamouring for him to start but bielsa
Going on the logic by bringing. Him on v. Tiring defences will pay. Dividends.
Old 17-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Nketia making a massive difference, most fans clamouring for him to start but bielsa
Going on the logic by bringing. Him on v. Tiring defences will pay. Dividends.
I see the logic, but I think holding Costa/Nketiah back has cost us 2 or 3 points already. But Biesla is looking at the bigger picture and he probably wants those two lads fresh for a long campaign. Not having options to freshen up the team cost us dearly last year.

Hernandez is not going to manage 34-36 games again, so Costa will be key.

Good win on Sunday. Barnsley played well and caused us a lot of problems.
Old 17-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post

It would be outrageously unlucky for that to happen again. Leeds should romp it. Norwich had a bum set of results under their belts this time last year.
Old 21-09-2019, 10:04 AM

Afobe out for the season. Disaster for Bristol City. Really thought we were contenders (behind Leeds, who should walk it imo) but he's a big, big loss. We've still got a few good players to come back but he moved us from playoff outsiders to promotion contenders.
Old 21-09-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
Afobe out for the season. Disaster for Bristol City. Really thought we were contenders (behind Leeds, who should walk it imo) but he's a big, big loss. We've still got a few good players to come back but he moved us from playoff outsiders to promotion contenders.
That is a savage blow,
Old 21-09-2019, 12:58 PM
PROC Member

Leeds all over Derby who haven't even had a shot on goal. Bamford playing well but missed a few he should have put away. Just missed penalty in a game that should be out of sight. I fear we could get caught.
Old 21-09-2019, 01:18 PM
PROC Member

Ffs. What a game to throw away. Total control and blow it. Probably a coincidence that both teams sponsored by same betting company
Old 21-09-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
Ffs. What a game to throw away. Total control and blow it. Probably a coincidence that both teams sponsored by same betting company
In a nutshell, total dominance for 90 minutes and they score in injury time with their first shot on target. Seven points fucked away already in home games where we controlled the game but couldn't finish our chances.

This descision to hold Nketiah on the bench until the last 10 minutes is doing my head in.

Very frustrating but roll on next week, when we'll continue to pick Harrison and Bamford and wonder why we are so wasteful in our crossing and shooting.
Old 21-09-2019, 02:22 PM

Beyond infuriating home form a worry we started like a train derby looked clueless . But when you don't kill a game off you invite trouble