tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Do you drink drive while totally sober? - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Senior PROC Member

Default Do you drink drive while totally sober?

Solicitor friend of mine brought this to my attention, I called a spoof, but looked it up.

Apparently under the road traffic act you can be charged for drink diving within 3 hours after driving your car.

How do ye the following, it's been a long day so maybe I'm reading it incorrectly:

"An offence of driving or attempting to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place while there is present in your body a quantity of alcohol such that, within 3 hours after so driving or attempting to drive, the concentration of alcohol in your breath exceeds a concentration of:
- 22 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath for an experience driver"
Old 17-05-2017, 03:42 PM

Danny Haely Rae wants people to be allowed to drink pints and drive home but you cannot have a half a pint of gravy with your dinner and drive acording to him.

Too risky.
Old 17-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Senior PROC Member

I have a glass of wine some Friday nights after dinner, within 2/3 hours of arriving home.

Is that illegal?

Link here btw:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...n_ireland.html
Old 17-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
Solicitor friend of mine brought this to my attention, I called a spoof, but looked it up.

Apparently under the road traffic act you can be charged for drink diving within 3 hours after driving your car.

How do ye the following, it's been a long day so maybe I'm reading it incorrectly:

"An offence of driving or attempting to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place while there is present in your body a quantity of alcohol such that, within 3 hours after so driving or attempting to drive, the concentration of alcohol in your breath exceeds a concentration of:
- 22 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath for an experience driver"
Seems legit. Simply don't drink and drive. Depends on how much alcohol taken, your body's metabolism of breaking down the alcohol etc.
Old 17-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldo View Post
Seems legit. Simply don't drink and drive. Depends on how much alcohol taken, your body's metabolism of breaking down the alcohol etc.
But you haven't driven at all for 3 hours, and only then had a drink.
Old 17-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I have a glass of wine some Friday nights after dinner

u fuckin degenerate
Old 17-05-2017, 04:21 PM

Never drink and drive as it's too easy to spill it and waste that beautiful beer.
Old 17-05-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
But you haven't driven at all for 3 hours, and only then had a drink.
No - means the Guard has three hours from stopping a vehicle to ask for a breath test. Generally you'll be tested at the scene and again (if you fail) at a Garda station. Both tests should be carried out within three hours.
Three hours also used after an accident where driver injured and unable to do test at roadside. If alcohol in blood is measured at hospital within three hours that will be valid.
Don't worry, they won't call to your home of an evening as you're sitting down with your bottle of plonk, after hard day's work, watching the champions league football.
Old 17-05-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
No - means the Guard has three hours from stopping a vehicle to ask for a breath test. Generally you'll be tested at the scene and again (if you fail) at a Garda station. Both tests should be carried out within three hours.
Three hours also used after an accident where driver injured and unable to do test at roadside. If alcohol in blood is measured at hospital within three hours that will be valid.
Don't worry, they won't call to your home of an evening as you're sitting down with your bottle of plonk, after hard day's work, watching the champions league football.
Yeah, it says the alcohol in your body while you're driving gives the reading 22 up to 3 hours later.

If you are stopped, the best thing is to flee the scene, drive home and answer the door with a snifter of brandy in your hand. Btw I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.
Old 17-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Senior PROC Member

But if you finish work, park up and then have a glass, you fall under the drink driving law.