tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Do you drink drive while totally sober? - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Ethelred Ethelred is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Usher's House
Posts: 5,868
Default Do you drink drive while totally sober?

Solicitor friend of mine brought this to my attention, I called a spoof, but looked it up.

Apparently under the road traffic act you can be charged for drink diving within 3 hours after driving your car.

How do ye the following, it's been a long day so maybe I'm reading it incorrectly:

"An offence of driving or attempting to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place while there is present in your body a quantity of alcohol such that, within 3 hours after so driving or attempting to drive, the concentration of alcohol in your breath exceeds a concentration of:
- 22 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath for an experience driver"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 36,386
Default

Danny Haely Rae wants people to be allowed to drink pints and drive home but you cannot have a half a pint of gravy with your dinner and drive acording to him.

Too risky.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Ethelred Ethelred is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Usher's House
Posts: 5,868
Default

I have a glass of wine some Friday nights after dinner, within 2/3 hours of arriving home.

Is that illegal?


Link here btw:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...n_ireland.html
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Heraldo Heraldo is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: There
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
Solicitor friend of mine brought this to my attention, I called a spoof, but looked it up.

Apparently under the road traffic act you can be charged for drink diving within 3 hours after driving your car.

How do ye the following, it's been a long day so maybe I'm reading it incorrectly:

"An offence of driving or attempting to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place while there is present in your body a quantity of alcohol such that, within 3 hours after so driving or attempting to drive, the concentration of alcohol in your breath exceeds a concentration of:
- 22 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath for an experience driver"
Seems legit. Simply don't drink and drive. Depends on how much alcohol taken, your body's metabolism of breaking down the alcohol etc.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Ethelred Ethelred is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Usher's House
Posts: 5,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldo View Post
Seems legit. Simply don't drink and drive. Depends on how much alcohol taken, your body's metabolism of breaking down the alcohol etc.
But you haven't driven at all for 3 hours, and only then had a drink.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-05-2017, 04:14 PM
king of the BONGO king of the BONGO is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the INTERNET
Posts: 11,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
I have a glass of wine some Friday nights after dinner

u fuckin degenerate
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Monte Monte is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 123
Default

Never drink and drive as it's too easy to spill it and waste that beautiful beer.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
But you haven't driven at all for 3 hours, and only then had a drink.
No - means the Guard has three hours from stopping a vehicle to ask for a breath test. Generally you'll be tested at the scene and again (if you fail) at a Garda station. Both tests should be carried out within three hours.
Three hours also used after an accident where driver injured and unable to do test at roadside. If alcohol in blood is measured at hospital within three hours that will be valid.
Don't worry, they won't call to your home of an evening as you're sitting down with your bottle of plonk, after hard day's work, watching the champions league football.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17-05-2017, 05:07 PM
doppellanger doppellanger is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: eins zwei drei feen funf
Posts: 10,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
No - means the Guard has three hours from stopping a vehicle to ask for a breath test. Generally you'll be tested at the scene and again (if you fail) at a Garda station. Both tests should be carried out within three hours.
Three hours also used after an accident where driver injured and unable to do test at roadside. If alcohol in blood is measured at hospital within three hours that will be valid.
Don't worry, they won't call to your home of an evening as you're sitting down with your bottle of plonk, after hard day's work, watching the champions league football.
Yeah, it says the alcohol in your body while you're driving gives the reading 22 up to 3 hours later.

If you are stopped, the best thing is to flee the scene, drive home and answer the door with a snifter of brandy in your hand. Btw I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.
__________________
The irony of it all: http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com...ad.php?t=56443
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Ethelred Ethelred is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Usher's House
Posts: 5,868
Default

But if you finish work, park up and then have a glass, you fall under the drink driving law.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.