Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Travel Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-04-2018, 06:37 PM
king of the BONGO king of the BONGO is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the INTERNET
Posts: 10,677
Default

download yelp. it's the best place to find bars / restaurants... just pick an area or click on "nearby". it's what the locals use so the reviews and ratings are usually spot on.

katz is fine, worth a look. 1 sandwich will do 2 people.
__________________
let's hug it out. like a boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
Cunt ...I am one of the calmest people on earth... Get fucked..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of the BONGO View Post
download yelp. it's the best place to find bars / restaurants... just pick an area or click on "nearby". it's what the locals use so the reviews and ratings are usually spot on.

katz is fine, worth a look. 1 sandwich will do 2 people.
In fairness you could say that about all American portions.

Will have a look at Yelp!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,195
Default

Off to NY next week.

Any last minute advice appreciated.

Got my tickets to see The Cher Show and a Staten/Ellis Island cruise. (I assume the best way from Times Square to Battery Park is by Cab?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Hinklestein Hinklestein is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 71
Default

Get a "1" train from Times Sq. $2.70 single ride pp. It is grand.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Jinky Jinky is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,930
Default

I was there recently and took the open top bus tour into Brooklyn by night. Brooklyn Bridge on the way back into Manhattan was awesome.

Go to the Rockefeller centre to the Top of the Rock and go see A Bronx Tale if you get the chance.
__________________
Hey. Where the fuck are my hard boiled eggs?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinklestein View Post
Get a "1" train from Times Sq. $2.70 single ride pp. It is grand.
Thanks.

Is that a direct train? How long would it take
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
I was there recently and took the open top bus tour into Brooklyn by night. Brooklyn Bridge on the way back into Manhattan was awesome.

Go to the Rockefeller centre to the Top of the Rock and go see A Bronx Tale if you get the chance.
Top of the Rock is top of my list.

Does the open bus tour ticket last 24 hours, as I was planning to do it on the Friday morning?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Jinky Jinky is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
Top of the Rock is top of my list.

Does the open bus tour ticket last 24 hours, as I was planning to do it on the Friday morning?
I think the last bus to Brooklyn was around 10pm. I’m sure there were a number of different ticket options, I don’t remember off the top of my head.

I actually found it warmer there than I expected. Much warmer for the time of year.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
I think the last bus to Brooklyn was around 10pm. I’m sure there were a number of different ticket options, I don’t remember off the top of my head.

I actually found it warmer there than I expected. Much warmer for the time of year.
Thanks Jinky. I've just checked the weather for when I'm there. Sunny every day - but COLD!!! Will have to buy the hand warmers....
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-11-2018, 12:15 PM
nelly sham nelly sham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,048
Default

The Bruce Springsteen Broadway show is supposed to be class.


When you're down doing Top of the Rock, check out this place.
https://www.230-fifth.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.