Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oul'doll View Post
You tell 'em, Noel:

Ahhhh, Noel Gallagher, you quotable scamp! In what should make the backstage at the upcoming Big Day Out extra-awkward now that his former Oasis bandmates in Beady Eye are on the bill, Noelly-G has told Rolling Stone that he wasn't super-impressed with this year's album by BDO co-headliners, the Arcade Fire.

Anybody that comes back with a double album, to me, needs to pry themselves out of their own arsehole. This is not the Seventies, okay? Go and ask Billy Corgan about a double album. Who has the fucking time, in 2013, to sit through 45 minutes of a single album? How arrogant are these people to think that you've got an hour and a half to listen to a fucking record?"

He also admitted that he hadn't actually heard the album, which kinda takes some of the shine off his comments. Still, frosty silences should really make those long inter-city BDO flights just zip by!

He didn't stop there though. When asked to comment on Arcade Fire's request that their fans dress up at shows, Noel was unimpressed:

Do you know what the point of that is? That is to take away from the shit disco that's coming out of the speakers. Because everybody's dressed as one of the Three Musketeers on acid. "What was the gig like?" "I don't know, everyone was dressed as a teddy bear in the Seventies." "Yeah, but what was the gig like?" "Ah, fuck knows, man, I have no idea. I was dressed as a flying saucer." "Yeah, but what was the gig like?" "Fuck knows. I don't know. Seen Cheech and Chong, there, though." Not for me.

The Gallagher quote machine wasn't done there though.

On Kanye West:

Somebody told me to watch this interview he did in England [with BBC DJ Zane Lowe], so I watched it, and I thought it was one of the best interviews I've ever seen. I fuckin' loved it! Especially the bit about the leather jogging pants or whatever he's going on about, fucking claiming he invented them.

I was at a party quite soon after that, and that track "Black Skinhead" came on. I didn't know who it was – like I said, I'm not wised up on that kind of shit. I was like, "What the fucking hell is this?" And turns out it's off that new album. So I got the album, and it's fucking great. I really like it. Particularly that track – it's fucking out there, do you know what I mean? It's got a great low-fi, punk vibe to it.

On Disclosure:

That's fucking mega. I went to Glastonbury this year. It was my seventh time, and it was the best one I've ever been to. I saw Disclosure in the dance tent, and I thought they were truly fucking amazing. I love that record. It's got a really old-school fucking acid house vibe to it, which I really fucking like.

On Daft Punk:

I'm not interested in the album. It's all about that song, isn't it? It's so effortless and brilliant and now. It's got everything. You just think, "Has this song always been around, or am I just hearing it for the first time?" It's fucking amazing.

On Miley Cyrus:

It's just embarrassing. Be good. Don't be outrageous. Anybody can be outrageous! I could go to the Rolling Stone office and fucking shit on top of a boiled egg, right? And people would go, "Wow, fucking hell, that's outrageous!" But is it any good? No, because, essentially, it's just a shit on top of a boiled egg. That's all it is. If I was to go to your office and play you a song that I'd just written that was amazing, that would be better, wouldn't it?

On Bowie:

There's at least three songs on there that you listen to them and immediately pick the guitar up and just think, "Fucking bastard! Why did I never write that?" I think it's some of the best stuff he's ever done. I'd give it 10 out of 10. I'd give it 11 out of 10, if I could.

You know Bowie sings backup on one of Arcade Fire's new songs, right?

Oh, that's a shame.

Read the whole thing at rollingstone.com
Funniest man in music. I think Liam's new manager also represents Arcade Fire. Meow Noel.

Last edited by boneidol; 06-12-2013 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneidol View Post
Funniest man in music. I think Liam's new manager also represents Arcade Fire. Meow Noel.
True, some of his lyrics are hilarious..
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 AM

You know what's embarrassing, Noel and Liams continous spoof bust ups which help ticket sales for when Oasis do there customary come back gigs.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L View Post
You know what's embarrassing, Noel and Liams continous spoof bust ups which help ticket sales for when Oasis do there customary come back gigs.
One of the customary comeback gigs which they've never had? Those customary comeback gigs? You know what customary means Tommy?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Noel's two best friends are Paul Weller and Johnny Marr. Neither of those guys have gotten back with their bands. It's a club he's enjoying being a part of. Noel is also a very stubborn man and is no doubt enjoying the freedom and success he's having as a solo artist.

He doesn't need Oasis and he certainly doesn't need the headache that Liam is.

Liam would rejoin tomorrow if he could. He's gone from selling out Slane and various other mega gigs around the world to playing very small venues. For someone who has been playing to massive crowds over the years it has no doubt gotten to his ego in a big way.

The relationship between the brothers if far from a spoof. The evidence is there year after year through the bands history of bad blood being there.
Old 16-12-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Noel says no to a 20mil offer. Apparently.

Quote:
Musician Noel Gallagher looks to be proving that he is one man that cannot be bought after reports are claiming he has turned down £20 million to reunite with his brother Liam Gallagher for an Oasis world tour.

The 46-year-old has put a spanner in the works for those hoping for a reunion, which would have marked 20 years since the group released their 1994 debut album, Definitely Maybe.

The singer-songwriter had been asked to put aside the differences he has with his brother Liam, who is also the frontman of the group, but it looks as though no amount of money can patch up the damage between the pair.

"There were hopes he would do it but frankly, he just doesn't want to. The Oasis reunion is well and truly off.

"He has refused all offers, it got to £20 million but even the lure of money like that just didn't work," a source close to Noel told The Sunday People.

he brothers were famed for their frictional relationship over the years, but their relationship really took a turn for the worst when the pair got in to a heated row backstage in 2009, a row which Noel still hasn't forgiven his brother for.

“Liam is very keen to get back together, if only for the money but Noel is having none of it," the source added.

Liam, now in Beady Eye, was clearly a little bit peed off about it.

In June he branded Noel a *“conniving b*****d” and said:

“There was just bulls**t going around.

“He’d been trying to get his little solo thing for ages. He’s just a sneaky little... I was hard work to work with, ‘cos, whatever..

“There have been several *intermediaries from their respective camps working very hard indeed to reach some form of agreement but Noel isn’t budging and a working *solution between the brothers simply can’t be found.

“It’s a real shame and Noel knows how much his fans would love to see the band reform but he doesn’t want to commit to the time, he is quite *happy as he is.”

The reunion would have reportedly taken place at Knebworth and featured performances from high-profile musical guests, including Paul Weller and The Happy Mondays.

Last edited by boneidol; 16-12-2013 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: ,.......
Old 16-12-2013, 02:47 PM

they deserve every cent they get. the work they do winding up hipsters is fantastic.
Old 23-01-2014, 01:39 PM

Will be the autobiography to end all.

Quote:
"The book company want both Noel and Liam to sign with them. They are seriously considering it as they both feel old and wise enough to write an autobiography and, of course, they would be paid good money."
Also

Quote:
A clip has emerged with the edited highlights of Noel Gallagher's DVD commentaries, with the irascible Oasis show runner dryly commenting on fame, fortune and making crap videos.
As you might expect from the funny one in the Gallagher family (as opposed to the 'gigantic walking tool' one, or 'matey boy' as Noel calls him), it's pure comedic gold.

We learn that Noel thought he "looked like f***ing Columbo" in the video for 'Supersonic', and was off his game for the 'Wonderwall' shoot.
"Look at me," he says. "Look at how f***ing drunk I am in this one." (he is, too)

Noel reveals that it he became disillusioned with the 'making videos' aspect of the music business early on.
"Standing around all f***ing day doing the same f***ing thing 500 f***ing times?
"Nah. Load of b*****."
Watch the whole thing below. NSFW for language, obviously.
http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/...os-620480.html
Old 29-05-2014, 06:24 PM

Happy 47th birthday to The Chief. He'll still be winding up hipsters at 77.

Hard at work on his new record today

Old 06-09-2014, 03:38 PM

What a legend.