Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-10-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
Well, if his lyrics are anything to go by, I've always considered him to have "depth". Very articulate too.
I never knew any of his Lyrics to be be honest , so I guess that's why I was surprised. But yeah ..I thought he was really good . Well able to articulate his thoughts on things. Didn't have much good to say about his brother though...lol
Old 15-10-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireanta View Post
I never knew any of his Lyrics to be be honest , so I guess that's why I was surprised. But yeah ..I thought he was really good . Well able to articulate his thoughts on things. Didn't have much good to say about his brother though...lol
They'll always have a love-hate relationship, I'd say. Liam has his own demons.
Old 15-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaindarlink View Post
I have had him in my last 5 annual Celebrity Death threads but the fucker keeps on breathing.
Gay was always a selfish prick that way
Old 15-10-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msGod View Post
You used being an 80's kid as a reason for not liking oasis. That's not a reason it's a decade. One you probably spent a fair chunk of oohing and aahing into your mother's face opposed to getting down and dirty to Bros
Old 15-10-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
Liam has his own demons.
10 pints before going on stage!!
Old 15-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireanta View Post
I have no real time for Noel Gallagher ...or his music. I'm an eighties kid. But I listened to him and I found I kinda liked his mentality..Huh...Who would have thought eh!?

It's refreshing that the next generation have evolved in the right direction.....

What does being an 80s kid have to do with anything?
Old 15-10-2012, 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=oul'doll;45029 31]What does being an 80s kid have to do with anything?[/QUOTE

I just meant I wasn't really familiar with Oasis , or into the music scene too much by the time they were in the charts etc....It was the 80's era that I would have known ALL the bands and chart toppers.

Oasis were kinda the nineties if I remember correctly . I'm just saying by then I was out of the loop so to speak...That's all...
Old 15-10-2012, 01:58 PM

Ok grandad.
Old 15-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oul'doll View Post
Ok grandad.
I think you might really mean 'Grandma'...lol

And it 's not that I consider I'm old ....I was out of the loop simply because I lost interest . If I remember correctly music in the early nineties was shocking ..all that rap , and bands with silly names...lol Just my opinion mind...
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM

You tell 'em, Noel:

Ahhhh, Noel Gallagher, you quotable scamp! In what should make the backstage at the upcoming Big Day Out extra-awkward now that his former Oasis bandmates in Beady Eye are on the bill, Noelly-G has told Rolling Stone that he wasn't super-impressed with this year's album by BDO co-headliners, the Arcade Fire.

Anybody that comes back with a double album, to me, needs to pry themselves out of their own arsehole. This is not the Seventies, okay? Go and ask Billy Corgan about a double album. Who has the fucking time, in 2013, to sit through 45 minutes of a single album? How arrogant are these people to think that you've got an hour and a half to listen to a fucking record?"

He also admitted that he hadn't actually heard the album, which kinda takes some of the shine off his comments. Still, frosty silences should really make those long inter-city BDO flights just zip by!

He didn't stop there though. When asked to comment on Arcade Fire's request that their fans dress up at shows, Noel was unimpressed:

Do you know what the point of that is? That is to take away from the shit disco that's coming out of the speakers. Because everybody's dressed as one of the Three Musketeers on acid. "What was the gig like?" "I don't know, everyone was dressed as a teddy bear in the Seventies." "Yeah, but what was the gig like?" "Ah, fuck knows, man, I have no idea. I was dressed as a flying saucer." "Yeah, but what was the gig like?" "Fuck knows. I don't know. Seen Cheech and Chong, there, though." Not for me.

The Gallagher quote machine wasn't done there though.

On Kanye West:

Somebody told me to watch this interview he did in England [with BBC DJ Zane Lowe], so I watched it, and I thought it was one of the best interviews I've ever seen. I fuckin' loved it! Especially the bit about the leather jogging pants or whatever he's going on about, fucking claiming he invented them.

I was at a party quite soon after that, and that track "Black Skinhead" came on. I didn't know who it was – like I said, I'm not wised up on that kind of shit. I was like, "What the fucking hell is this?" And turns out it's off that new album. So I got the album, and it's fucking great. I really like it. Particularly that track – it's fucking out there, do you know what I mean? It's got a great low-fi, punk vibe to it.

On Disclosure:

That's fucking mega. I went to Glastonbury this year. It was my seventh time, and it was the best one I've ever been to. I saw Disclosure in the dance tent, and I thought they were truly fucking amazing. I love that record. It's got a really old-school fucking acid house vibe to it, which I really fucking like.

On Daft Punk:

I'm not interested in the album. It's all about that song, isn't it? It's so effortless and brilliant and now. It's got everything. You just think, "Has this song always been around, or am I just hearing it for the first time?" It's fucking amazing.

On Miley Cyrus:

It's just embarrassing. Be good. Don't be outrageous. Anybody can be outrageous! I could go to the Rolling Stone office and fucking shit on top of a boiled egg, right? And people would go, "Wow, fucking hell, that's outrageous!" But is it any good? No, because, essentially, it's just a shit on top of a boiled egg. That's all it is. If I was to go to your office and play you a song that I'd just written that was amazing, that would be better, wouldn't it?

On Bowie:

There's at least three songs on there that you listen to them and immediately pick the guitar up and just think, "Fucking bastard! Why did I never write that?" I think it's some of the best stuff he's ever done. I'd give it 10 out of 10. I'd give it 11 out of 10, if I could.

You know Bowie sings backup on one of Arcade Fire's new songs, right?

Oh, that's a shame.

Read the whole thing at rollingstone.com