Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 11-01-2019, 08:29 AM

Default Andy Murray goes Bang !

Gimp or GOAT ?
Old 11-01-2019, 08:35 AM

An above average player who got way more out of himself than more talented players ever did. For that alone he deserves praise. The hip is a bitch to come back from unfortunately.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
An above average player who got way more out of himself than more talented players ever did. For that alone he deserves praise. The hip is a bitch to come back from unfortunately.
Above average player? He is extremely talented. It’s not like he had a booming serve to win easy points. To be number one in the world in an era of Federer, Nadal and the Serb takes some doing.

I liked him as he was a modest down to earth individual who kept his head with all the hype around him.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:43 AM

On ability alone he was a top 10/top 15 player.

But he maximised his talent and was knocking around the top 4 for a good few years.

No mean feat to be that competitive in an era with the likes of Federer, Nadal & Djokovic at the top table of men's tennis.

Anyone made a crap British/Scottish joke yet?

Edit: didn't read your post rebelonaplain before posting. very much agree with the sentiment
Old 11-01-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelonaplain View Post
Above average player? He is extremely talented. It’s not like he had a booming serve to win easy points. To be number one in the world in an era of Federer, Nadal and the Serb takes some doing.

I liked him as he was a modest down to earth individual who kept his head with all the hype around him.
Agreed. Fine player.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:49 AM

Yep, great player.
Worked extremely hard too.

To win at Wimbledon was a massive feat considering it wasn't his favourite surface by any means.

I'm friends with lads from Dunblane who say he's a great guy still the same lad they were in school with and not as dour as he comes across. Just slightly less dour! But that's more of a "game face" and you can't blame him for that.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Senior PROC Member

Good tennis player but Jesus he's hard to listen to.

He was on Morning Ireland this morning mumbling through a statement about his fitness.

I heard the word "hip" a few times but beyond that he might as well have been talking Swahili.

His aul doll is a lasher.