tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
"Best 4 D Fest" - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > PROC Communities > The Comedy Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-03-2010, 06:51 PM

Default "Best 4 D Fest"

"Best 4 D Fest" Comedy competition coming to the Laughing Langers Comedy Club in the LV Bar Friday 30th April and Friday 14th May. Details will be posted Monday.
Old 29-03-2010, 08:06 PM

The Cork Comedy Project, through application by Cionnaith O Maoldomhnaigh, have secured one of the two available slots at the official Comedy Tent at this years "Indiependenec Music Festival. The other date has been secured by Dublin group the Underground Comedy Club.

This is a rare opportunity for comedians to perform at a major music festival, and though it would be rather easy for us to simply choose our favourite comedians, we have decided to offer the places available by way of a stand up comedy competition.

The competition "Best 4 D Fest", will run for two nights on Friday 30th April and Friday 14th May, with both nights been held in the LV Bar, Mac Curtin St. Competition places are now on offer and due to restraints only 10 comedians will be chosen to participate in the competition. 5 places will be offered to Cork comedians, 2 places to Dublin comedians and 3 places to non Cork/Dublin comedians.

Judging on both nights will be by audience vote, three judges votes and participating comedians votes. three comedians will be chosen to participate at the festival. All terms and conditions are now available from corkcomedyproject@gm ail.com
Old 30-03-2010, 07:00 PM

The second night Friday 14th May will actually see a double competition, one to select the winner, and the other with the runner up from the 1st night going head to head with the runner up from the 2nd night, both trying to secure the last spot. Should be a very interesting night.
Steady flow coming from the Dublin comedians.
Old 31-03-2010, 02:36 PM

How does one apply?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtosmc View Post
How does one apply?
So sorry dtosmc only saw your post now, we threw the offer of places on facebook, it didn't dawn on me to throw it up here my sincere apologies.

Big thank you to a few of the procers who came down to support the night it was great to have a full house. Two contestants pulled out so we were left with four,
Ben Buckley Tipp/Cork, John Brennan Dublin, John Cronin Cork, and Lisa Joyce Castlebar/Dublin. the results from the night saw John Brennan come 1st, Lisa Joyce 2nd, Ben Buckley 3rd and John Cronin 4th.

We had one place on offer but due to a slip up the competition in Galway was cancelled so we had three places on offer. I felt that it would be shit to offer 3 places and just tell one sorry, more so if the comedians proved themselves worthwhile, so I offered to give up my own slot (at my age it wasn't hard to give it up) but true to form Ken Moloney got on the phone and got the promoters to offer us one more slot.

So the Line up for the comedy event at the Indiependence Music Festival in Mitchelstown on Sunday 1st August is John Brennan, Lisa Joyce, Ben Buckley, John Cronin, headline act is Peter Carroll (Mentalist/Comedian) MC is Pat O Shea.

Big thank you again to everyone who supported the night, the Management and Staff of the LV Bar, Craichouse Billy Anderson, Jamie O Shea for a great headline act, Ken Moloney and Grand Master Cash for great judging.