Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Do You Miss The Old GAA Championship Instant KO System
Yeah I Miss The Old Way 2 50.00%
Not Really Things Had To Change 1 25.00%
Yeah I Miss The Old Way But I Still Think That The Old System Had To Change 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-07-2017, 10:39 PM

Default The Old Championship Structure

Remember the old days?1 defeat and bang your summer is over.Now with all the effort intercounty players put in, the old structure had to change.There's no going back to the old ways.But the championship doesn't really get started until August now imo.The old system had to go but i think a lot of the excitement associated with the hurling and football championships went with it.
Old 16-07-2017, 11:35 PM

Look at it differently. The new structure impacts in club games and those playing intercounty for the effort they put in are able to use that effort for their clubs if it's one game and gone.

Give the clubs the back door options, for example the players with less options to play such as your clubs Junior B team still operate the one game and gone scenario. There are an awful lot more Junior B players than intercounty players! Similarly, at minor/U21 level a good player can be involved in multiple sides so the county minor team having a back door option is a farce when they speak about player burnout. These guys can play school/college, club and county