tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Gaelic Football Thread - Page 1912 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-07-2019, 02:49 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Kat Danny Pat View Post
Greengrass I know that. I do fancy ye V An Laois but let's be honest it could go either way. One thing is certain Corcaigh if they got to a Suoer 8 won't be going to make up the numbers. They have quality.

Greengrass safe travels to Mullingar on Sunday. What a novel pairing.
Cork have quality but are not a team,individual efforts
Old 02-07-2019, 02:59 PM

I heard in the commentary for the Mayo - Armagh game that it was only the second championship game ever between the counties, which surprised me because I would have thought given their relatively high profiles in the GAA that they would surely have met more than twice. Got me wondering what the most frequent and least frequent matchups in Gaelic Football are. Cork and Kerry has to be up there as one of the most frequent. Least frequent must be smaller counties against each other...Has Waterford versus Fermanagh every happened for example? Then again, the Qualifiers has probably thrown up some of these down the years as well. I've had a bit of a look around the internet but can't seem to find too much on it.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanger View Post
I heard in the commentary for the Mayo - Armagh game that it was only the second championship game ever between the counties, which surprised me because I would have thought given their relatively high profiles in the GAA that they would surely have met more than twice. Got me wondering what the most frequent and least frequent matchups in Gaelic Football are. Cork and Kerry has to be up there as one of the most frequent. Least frequent must be smaller counties against each other...Has Waterford versus Fermanagh every happened for example? Then again, the Qualifiers has probably thrown up some of these down the years as well. I've had a bit of a look around the internet but can't seem to find too much on it.
https://gaelicstats.com/football-head-to-head/

EDIT: tho it doesnt seem to be updated since 2017 so not entirely accurate.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonaldinho View Post
https://gaelicstats.com/football-head-to-head/

EDIT: tho it doesnt seem to be updated since 2017 so not entirely accurate.

Cheers Jonaldinho. Appears that Waterford have, in fact, played Fermanagh, but they've never played Mayo...so that's one tie that's never happened.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Also, appears that Cork and Kerry have played over 100 championship matches; whereas Galway/Mayo and Dublin/Meath are only in the region of 60 odd matchups.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulgorm View Post
When you apply for a visa, the Americans ask you all sorts of questions about your history - convictions for terrorism, drugs, violence etc. Those Yankees can be very awkward like that.

I guess Dermo's application was turned down because he terrorised opposing defences.
Papers reporting he has a problem with his ESTA which is a very straight forward process if you tell the truth. I say there may possibly be an issue with one of the questions and his case in 2014.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanger View Post

😎
Cork-v-Leitrim perhaps.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarlofPearl View Post
Papers reporting he has a problem with his ESTA which is a very straight forward process if you tell the truth. I say there may possibly be an issue with one of the questions and his case in 2014.
Apparently there was about 20 people attached to a particular address who are already over there and they weren’t happy.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keamoresouth View Post
Schedule for Super 8s:

13 July:
Roscommon v Tyrone @Dr Hyde Park 5pm
Dublin v Cork @Croker 7pm

14 July:
Donegal v Meath @Ballybofey 2pm
Kerry v Mayo @Killarney 4pm

20 July:
Cork v Tyrone @Croker 5pm
Dublin v Roscommon @Croker 7pm

21 July:
Mayo v Meath @Croker 2pm
Donegal v Kerry @Croker 4pm

3-4 August:
Tyrone v Dublin
Cork v Roscommon

Mayo v Donegal
Meath v Kerry
Updated after tonight

Last edited by keamoresouth; 07-07-2019 at 02:41 PM..
Old 07-07-2019, 11:55 AM

So, Dublin get 2 home games? Unique to Dublin?