Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
So you fly east, to fly West?
Well if that makes sense off with you.

This route is being pulled so far in winter and possibly completely because of people like you not supporting this route I am sure there are plenty of connections available from Providence to other cities in the US.
I fly to a primary hub like LHR, AMS, or CDG, because they have WAY more flight destinations than a secondary hub like DUB.

Plus, last two flights I took via AMS were eastbound. And I can fly full service airlines on wide bodied aircraft with seamless connections. I check my bag in to my final destination at Cork Airport get on a plane and I’m airborne less than an hour after parking in a car park minutes from the terminal.

Why would I drive to Dublin?

Last time I flew KLM from Cork to Dubai via Amsterdam for €174 less than Etihad out of Dublin

No comparison
Old 04-04-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
I fly to a primary hub like LHR, AMS, or CDG, because they have WAY more flight destinations than a secondary hub like DUB.

Plus, last two flights I took via AMS were eastbound. And I can fly full service airlines on wide bodied aircraft with seamless connections. I check my bag in to my final destination at Cork Airport get on a plane and I’m airborne less than an hour after parking in a car park minutes from the terminal.

Last time I flew KLM from Cork to Dubai via Amsterdam for €174 less than Etihad out of Dublin

No comparison
Going East it's a no brainer but going West you are flying backwards so you are in the air for two hours longer each way. You also have a terrible landing slot for Aerlingus in Schiphol and it can take 40 minutes to an hour from plane touching down to gate. Then you have the added cost, the fact some people hate the bustle of primary transit hubs and the utter infatuation Cork people have with the Aircoach and Aerlingus. You can see why we bus hundreds of people up to Dublin airport every day.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

No comparison
I never suggested that you should fly from that kip Dumplin.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

No comparison
Hard to argue with any of that.
I still use Shannon for Orlando though
Old 05-04-2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyumyum View Post
Going East it's a no brainer but going West you are flying backwards so you are in the air for two hours longer each way. You also have a terrible landing slot for Aerlingus in Schiphol and it can take 40 minutes to an hour from plane touching down to gate. Then you have the added cost, the fact some people hate the bustle of primary transit hubs and the utter infatuation Cork people have with the Aircoach and Aerlingus. You can see why we bus hundreds of people up to Dublin airport every day.
See, here’s the thing:

Cork, Schipol, Houston suits me better than drivin to Dublin for Dublin, New York, Houston

Please explain how it’s better to spend six hours on the road?
Old 05-04-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
See, here’s the thing:

Cork, Schipol, Houston suits me better than drivin to Dublin for Dublin, New York, Houston

You'd get over the outward journey but nothing worse than landing in North Dublin after long flight and then facing into three hour drive to Cork - more if M50 is gridlocked.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
See, here’s the thing:

Houston is a pretty unique major US airport in that it doesn't have a direct connection to Dublin. For the major hubs like Atlanta, Chicago, NY, Boston etc you can see the appeal of a direct flight over a connection which involves a 1.5 hour flight in the wrong direction.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyumyum View Post
Houston is a pretty unique major US airport in that it doesn't have a direct connection to Dublin. For the major hubs like Atlanta, Chicago, NY, Boston etc you can see the appeal of a direct flight over a connection which involves a 1.5 hour flight in the wrong direction.
Houston is more of an energy hub whereas Austin is a great tech centre and a much nicer city. Do Aer Lingus fly to Dallas?

Go Cork-Gatwick-Houston (Bush Airport) with BA which has worked for me?
Old 05-04-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Houston is more of an energy hub whereas Austin is a great tech centre and a much nicer city. Do Aer Lingus fly to Dallas?

Go Cork-Gatwick-Houston (Bush Airport) with BA which has worked for me?
You can't fly direct to Texas from Ireland
Old 05-04-2018, 01:14 PM

Here we go,

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/A...b376731deec-ds

Lack of marketing blamed for loss of route to providence. If only people knew about it. Typical delusional stuff. Cork was clearly used by Norwegian Air as a trojan horse. And cork lapped it up.