tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
New Mike Patton (Of faith no more) stuff - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstellar Fugitive View Post
Ha, good man Mike.
I think its safe to say that its nigh on impossible to keep up with everything Patton does. Though my buddy is on the Ipecac mailing list, and he says its pretty eh, thorough.
Well i will give it a shot.

In the next few months or so.................. .....

Fantomas - They are playing numerous gigs in london in decemeber at the ATP in minehead. Pretty sure its the 7th and 8th of December. Fantomas will be performing "the directors cut" in its entirety. Also they are playing a new yearts eve show in San Fran. That would be epic.
Fantomas are also touring Australia (big day out etc) in jan 2009.

Fantomas then release a new album in June 2009. The word on the street is that it will have a strong electronica vibe.

Mondo Cane - This is Patton singing Italian soap oprea and swing tunes from the 50's and 60's. He did a few shows in europe earlier on in the year which are on youtube.
The official record comes out in March 2009.

Misc -

Patton is doing the entire soundtrack for a film called crank 2. The film is out April 2009.

Patton is doing the voice in the game "The Repticulan" and also "Bionic Commando" (which looks awesome )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaIdAcaN0rU

Also Mike Patton also recently did a song with Serj Tankian of System of Down for the "Body of Lies" film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMag19_Uxf8

Patton also recently worked with english outfit "The Qemists" on a song called "Lost Weeked". Good tune. Sounds very like the Prodigy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7suFAr7WSj0

Thats it- for now.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZf7KgSnksk

Hmmmmm

Then he goes from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtG61ib96WU
to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x4ji4EB3g0
Old 07-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Banned

I know yeah.

This would be up there as one of my favourite Patton tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI89rRVw6_Y

I am the dead -Eyvind Kang with Mike Patton.

You need really good sound for this but its a spine tingler.

Class.
Old 17-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
TV On The Radio Side Project ,Mike Patton Included In New Group

Members of cult American group TV on The Radio have joined forces with Faith No More's Mike Patton to form a new supergroup.

Ex Faith No More singer is a near workaholic, and this is far from the first side project he has announced. However, the contrast in styles with TV On Radio will no doubt make for some intriguing listening.

TV On The Radio released their latest album 'Dear Science' earlier this year, and it has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The website Metacritic tallies scores from the main music magazines, and announced that it has the best score so far.

TV On The Radio singer Tunde Adebimpe revealed details about the new group in an interview with US satirical magazine The Onion. The new group will line up with Adebimpe, Patton and Adam Drucker of fellow American alt rockers Subtle.

The singer revealed that an album of new material should emerge by the end of the year. "It came from an idea that Adam had, to have the three of us just, basically, mess around vocally and see what comes of it".

The group has yet to be given a name, and there is no release date scheduled for the album.
Sounds interesting

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/tv-th...o-side-project
Old 17-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

It seems the ATP thing went well as well
Old 19-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftydog View Post
It seems the ATP thing went well as well
Yeah would like to have gone to that festival. Plenty of obscure music. I might be wrong but i think Patton choose the line up himself.

Also........

Quote:
According to U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine, industry insiders suggest that hugely infuential '90s alt-metal band FAITH NO MORE is planning to return next year. Kerrang! understands that a number of U.K. venues have been placed on hold for shows from the band next spring, while U.K. festival appearances are rumored to follow in the summer. Founding bassist Bill Gould played down the speculation, telling Kerrang! "If anything like this were to happen, it would have to come from the band, and I haven't spoken with any of them in over a year. So as far as I know, there isn't anything to talk about, and I'm pretty sure that if you were to contact [Mike] Patton [vocals], he would tell you the same thing."

Despite several years of vigorously denying claims the band would reform, Mike Patton seems to have softened in recent months. In an interview with the Artisan News Service in January, he said "I wouldn't rule it out. I don't think we need to reform the band, but maybe there's other things we could do together."
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

Wasn't the famous story that some music exec told Patton at a Tomahawk showa few years ago that he would be a fool not to do the Faith No More reunion, only for Patton to piss on said exec during the encore.
Old 19-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto_the_bus_driver View Post
Yeah would like to have gone to that festival. Plenty of obscure music. I might be wrong but i think Patton choose the line up himself.

Also........

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

Wasn't the famous story that some music exec told Patton at a Tomahawk showa few years ago that he would be a fool not to do the Faith No More reunion, only for Patton to piss on said exec during the encore.
Yep Patton was running the show. All bands such as the melvins, the meat puppets, mastadon and a few more
Old 22-12-2008, 08:48 AM

i attending this years ATP nightmare before xmas - curated by mike patton and the melvins...... the line up was actually tooooooooooo good..... highlight bands were: fantomas, squarepusher(possibl y best live act of ALL time!!), the locust, the melvins, dalek, rahzel, bohren and der club of gore, taraf de haidouks, isis, mastodon... to name a few..... when i heard the line up and that it was in england, me and 5 other friends done everything we could to get over for it.... it was amazing.... butlins is the best place for a festival... the music was TOP NOTCH, and so were all the facilities!!!
i fully advise people to go to an atp if there bands they like playin at it....
ATP are doing lots throughout the year, ye should check it out
Old 22-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

Hmmmm.
http://www.thetripwire.com/news/2009...oachella-2009/
Quote:
We're not really sure why rumor is exciting news to people since it's totally unsubstantiated, but we're not one to pass up on the opportunity to report on things that might happen. So forget rumors, we will be the first to confirm that Blur , Faith No More (reunited) and Morrissey are playing the 2009 installment of Southern California’s biggest music festival. So forget rumors, we will be the first to confirm that Blur, Faith No More (reunited) and Morrissey are playing the 2009 installment of Southern California's biggest music festival. Just don’t credit us, credit Consequence Of Sound . Just do not credit us, credit Consequence Of Sound.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...006024,00.html

Quote:
The internet is awash with rumours that, like last year's BDO headliners Rage Against the Machine, Faith No More have been offered a healthy sum to reunite and headline California's Coachella Festival.

"Like I said,'' Patton grunts, "I don't have much to say.''

Has there been a big cash offer?

"Not that I know of. A lot of talk.''

But not talk to the actual people involved in the band?

"No, that's the funny part. I heard about it from one of the band members, he called and asked me if I knew anything. I'm like, 'Don't you think that would come from the band if it was really gonna happen?'

"It's a lot of people blowing a lot of smoke, and probably trying to create a demand that's not really there. That's my opinion.''

Plus, the man has plenty on his plate already - soundtracks, orchestral works and a new, all-electronic Fantomas album that is simmering "somewhere in the back of the right or left of my brain''.

How on earth would he fit in a lap of honour playing the likes of Epic, Evidence and Last Cup of Sorrow one last time?

"If I really, really wanted to do that, I probably would have done it already,'' Patton says.

"Look, crazier s--- has happened, but it's not really part of my vocabulary right now. But people change, who knows? I never thought I'd get married either.''
Boo Hiss for the FNM reunion if there is one. Off the top of my head i can't think of any major 90's band thats been the better for coming back.

Best left alone.
Old 23-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

Mind you, download have also mentioned them along with Korn and Limp Bizkit....

Jesus did indeed weep