Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2018, 12:38 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,714
Default Running shoes,

I am about to embark on a bit of jogging for the first time , going to see how i go and how far i can progress over time, i need to buy running shoes but dont want to invest too much in case i give up, at same time i dont want crap either,
any advice on best value in the city?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Pontipine Pontipine is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Inside my Flares..
Posts: 27,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
I am about to embark on a bit of jogging for the first time , going to see how i go and how far i can progress over time, i need to buy running shoes but dont want to invest too much in case i give up, at same time i dont want crap either,
any advice on best value in the city?
I usually order mine from sportsdirect, jimmy. You get a far better deal on there and you will have them in a few days.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/running/...-running-shoes

Best of luck with it.
__________________
Get on down..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:03 PM
TopicGrinder TopicGrinder is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 15,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
I am about to embark on a bit of jogging for the first time , going to see how i go and how far i can progress over time, i need to buy running shoes but dont want to invest too much in case i give up, at same time i dont want crap either,
any advice on best value in the city?
Johnny Buckley Sports over Ringy bridge. Very helpful and not priced out of the way either.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:24 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontipine View Post
I usually order mine from sportsdirect, jimmy. You get a far better deal on there and you will have them in a few days.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/running/...-running-shoes

Best of luck with it.
cheers fella, oh by the way cmon the leeds tomorrow,
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:25 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Johnny Buckley Sports over Ringy bridge. Very helpful and not priced out of the way either.
Do they accept euro over the bridge?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:29 PM
nelly sham nelly sham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,388
Default

I've tried the lot, can't fault Brooks. Great threads.

I keep the likes of Adidas and Nike for the gym now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Dinger Dinger is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Johnny Buckley Sports over Ringy bridge. Very helpful and not priced out of the way either.
Second that. Best place to get your rubber dollies if you're taking up running. Very knowledgeable.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:34 PM
TopicGrinder TopicGrinder is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 15,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Do they accept euro over the bridge?
Travellers cheques only
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:37 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Travellers cheques only
Thanks boss
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-2018, 03:08 PM
richiepurg richiepurg is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
Second that. Best place to get your rubber dollies if you're taking up running. Very knowledgeable.
I always thought they were called bungees.
__________________
Come in till I bate ya.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.