tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Billy Kelleher's Abortion Agenda - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-12-2017, 12:23 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach and Six View Post
Desperate for adults with milder Downs to be listening to stories about mothers aborting babies with the same condition they have.

Ultrasound scans can measure the femur at 20 weeks gestation which if shorter than average is one of the signs that your baby has Downs. Before a scan in Ireland you have to sign a form saying whether you want to be told this by the sonographer or not.
I didn't have to sign a form prior to my 20 week scan. Thry also measure the folds at the back of the neck as a possible sign for downs iirc
Old 20-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach and Six View Post

Ultrasound scans can measure the femur at 20 weeks gestation which if shorter than average is one of the signs that your baby has Downs. Before a scan in Ireland you have to sign a form saying whether you want to be told this by the sonographer or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I didn't have to sign a form prior to my 20 week scan. Thry also measure the folds at the back of the neck as a possible sign for downs iirc
It's going to be a long year.
Old 20-12-2017, 12:53 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
It's going to be a long year.
Hah?
Old 20-12-2017, 12:57 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Hah?
Information, misinformation, truths, untruths etc.
Old 20-12-2017, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flirty Flossie View Post
Vanellope Survived!
The Doctors diagnosed her with the genetic defect ectopia cordis ie her heart was outside her chest cavity . The abortion lobby would term this condition as with other such conditions as a fatal foetal abnormality. Her parents were determined that she should be given every chance and was not for the abortionists knife. She was delivered by Casearan Section in the Heart Centre in Glenfield Hospital Leicester which was under threat of closure . The delivery was complicated as the heart could twist or rupture and there was worry when there was a sudden rush of blood and then the baby cried and virtually all the operating theatre burst into tears.
Vanellopes heart has now been placed back in her chest cavity and Dr Bu'Lock the chief surgeon said that that there is no reason that she should not lead a normal life. This little baby girl achieved two miracles against all the odds, she survived and saved the Heart Unit
This was afaik the first time a baby with such a deformity survived. Fair dues to the baby and the surgeons but the possibility of miracles occurring is not a sound basis for making laws.
Old 20-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Senior PROC Member

Must admit that at the moment I'm still very conflicted in what way to vote when it comes to it.

I know that I don't want open-ended abortion which an alarming number of the citizens forum were allegedly in favour of but I can see the need for there to be a choice in certain circumstances like victim of rape/incest and fatal foetal abnormality.

After that the lines get kinda blurry at the moment given the emotiveness and relative lack of information. Hopefully between now and the Referendum there will be proper information given and both sides will steer clear of scare tactics one way or t'other
Old 20-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Hopefully between now and the Referendum there will be proper information given and both sides will steer clear of scare tactics one way or t'other
Hopefully but I doubt it as this thread is testimony to already
Old 20-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I hope that they have a more scientific way of determining if the baby has downs than this --loose skin at the back of the neck??--imagine the possible consequences of a misdiagnosis for the baby Our twins were born prematurely and had a lot of loose skin - crimpled like a puppy-translucent loose skin

Last edited by an liathroid beag; 20-12-2017 at 01:10 PM..
Old 20-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
I hope that they have a more scientific way of determining if the baby has downs than this --loose skin at the back of the neck??--imagine the possible consequences of a misdiagnosis for the baby
I think there is a blood test than can give a definite diagnosis but I don't know any details about it as we didn't have it.
Old 20-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
I hope that they have a more scientific way of determining if the baby has downs than this --loose skin at the back of the neck??--imagine the possible consequences of a misdiagnosis for the baby Our twins were born prematurely and had a lot of loose skin - crimpled like a puppy-translucent loose skin
Hope things turned out OK for the twins, How premature were they?