tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
FAO Naff. - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Motors
User Name
Password

Old 25-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actin The Sham View Post
The Santa Fe or else one of those Ssangyong (I think that's what they're called, the ones with the Mercedes 270 Diesel engine in them).

http://cars.rte.ie/usedcars/index.cf...r&carID=458741
i wouldnt touch it. they had feirce problems. even the ones with the merc engine. they lose value like jose lost his job. sudden, sharp and unexpected.
plus they a 2.7 litre. again the fuel is a big issue for me and like the pajero ates tyres. they also not stable on the road as they high centre of gravity.
Old 25-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Here is another one but I would definitely take off the "bull bars" if I was going to buy this:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index...r&carID=753584
Old 25-09-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMonday83 View Post
So what would you recommend as a good SWB commercial 4x4.
why do you want swb? they serve no purpose. they have even worse handling than the long wheel base. remember you want comfort and handling if you coming from a car.

to be honest that was 25% of the reason i wasnt as upset to sell the navara. it was nowhere as comfortable as the santa fe and the handling was all over the place. many a morning flaking over the hills of fermoy/glenville i kicked out the back. not going fast either. Me oull man drove it out to bweeng one night and when he came back told me to sell it before id kill meself.

trust me happy. take a santa fe for a spin from a garage and try to spin it out.
take a pajero swb and try to not spin it!! go into a car park or something.

the comfort and handling youll have from the santa fe will far outweigh the slagging me and odll will give ya.
Old 25-09-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Here is another one but I would definitely take off the "bull bars" if I was going to buy this:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index...r&carID=753584
lamp the price of it. shocking depreciation.
lovely looking, passenger model class too.
shit to drive, shit to sell on, shit to run.
Old 25-09-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
i wouldnt touch it. they had feirce problems. even the ones with the merc engine. they lose value like jose lost his job. sudden, sharp and unexpected.
plus they a 2.7 litre. again the fuel is a big issue for me and like the pajero ates tyres. they also not stable on the road as they high centre of gravity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone Who Knows What He's Talking About
Our test car was fitted with the Mercedes-Benz licensed 2.7 litre diesel CRD engine, which is also seen in the Jeep Grand Cherokee and in the outgoing Mercedes-Benz M-Class. Some observers have commented that the engine is harsh and noisy, we think this a little unkind, the engine isn’t state of the art by today’s standards but it is relatively qiuet and refined. During our test week we achieved very near the manufacturers quoted 30 mpg combined figure, which is fairly frugal for a 4x4 of this size.

For a large 4x4 the ride is relatively good, although it is rather choppy on unsettled road surfaces. The rack-and-pinion steering is a little on the light side, but it is direct and responsive.

The Rexton does suffer from body roll, but it is better than the Jeep Grand Cherokee we had tested a few weeks earlier. Grip levels are good, in fact a lot better than you might expect and you can drive with some enthusiasm. The 2.7 SX Rexton is protected by ESP (electronic stability programme), which aids the driver should the car lose grip or go into a skid, which worked well when tested.

We took the Rexton along our favourite Devon green lanes and whilst the going isn’t that tough it did perform well. Only on one rocky stretch uphill did we have to select low ratio 4 wheel drive, which is controlled via a switch on the dashboard. It all worked very well and although the Rexton isn't in the same class as the Jeep Grand Cherokee off-road it is more than capable of towing a boat, caravan or a horse box, and will cross a muddy field at the gymkhana with ease.

Overall the Rexton is an easy car to live with and all the controls are ergonomically laid out and easy to operate.

The only downside is parking, the Rexton needs parking sensors as it is difficult to judge the rear of the vehicle especially at night with the heavily tinted rear privacy glass that our test car featured. Although we would point out that the reversing lights were quite powerful, as a lot of manufacturers forget that people live out in the country. All the doors were fitted with puddle lights, which again living in the country were most welcome.

Cruise control and a footrest are standard making longer Motorway journeys more comfortable and relaxing.

Safety and Security Driver and passenger airbags are standard across the range with side airbags as standard on the SE and SX models. ABS combined with EBD provides safe braking, while other passive safety features include shock absorbing rear bumpers, seatbelts with front pre-tensioners, disc brakes on all 4 wheels, fog lamps, front & rear, high mounted stop lamp, speed-sensing door lock to secure all occupants automatically, useful toolbox under 2nd row seats, headlamp levelling device to maintain maximum illumination, full-sized spare wheel and category 1 alarm with immobiliser.

In the event of an accident, the Rexton has been engineered to absorb the impact in any collision. It has a steel safety cell and reinforced cross members, and as an added precaution, the fuel tank is securely placed within the rigid ladder frame, reducing the risk of spillage.
Old 25-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lots of people in Ireland need four wheel drives, particularly those involved in Agribusiness and the construction sector. We have always had high taxes on these vehicles, and the one he is looking at is a commercial.

Much different to the UK, where the road tax on a 4.0 litre Range Rover is the same as a much smaller car. Here in Ireland the road tax on that would be almost €1400 per annum.
I understand that, but from what I've observed on the roads, the drivers of 4x4's are twats of the highest order.
Old 25-09-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
esp on a rexton in ireland before 2007?

hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahh ahahahaha

note what they comparing it to.
nowhere in that article does that fill me with any confidence of buying one.

and that was a test drive!!! i had one for two weeks while hyundai ireland were investigating sloppy work by dan seamans.
Old 25-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
why do you want swb? they serve no purpose. they have even worse handling than the long wheel base. remember you want comfort and handling if you coming from a car.

to be honest that was 25% of the reason i wasnt as upset to sell the navara. it was nowhere as comfortable as the santa fe and the handling was all over the place. many a morning flaking over the hills of fermoy/glenville i kicked out the back. not going fast either. Me oull man drove it out to bweeng one night and when he came back told me to sell it before id kill meself.

trust me happy. take a santa fe for a spin from a garage and try to spin it out.
take a pajero swb and try to not spin it!! go into a car park or something.

the comfort and handling youll have from the santa fe will far outweigh the slagging me and odll will give ya.
I want a SWB because I don't wat to be driving a tank around, and as I live in charleville, parking is an issue. I have a tough enough time finding a space for my focus.
Old 25-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
esp on a rexton in ireland before 2007?

hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahh ahahahaha

note what they comparing it to.
nowhere in that article does that fill me with any confidence of buying one.

and that was a test drive!!! i had one for two weeks while hyundai ireland were investigating sloppy work by dan seamans.

Heh heh heh.....
Old 25-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMonday83 View Post
I want a SWB because I don't wat to be driving a tank around, and as I live in charleville, parking is an issue. I have a tough enough time finding a space for my focus.
a santa fe isnt that large. its not even that big for a jeep.
its about 400mm longer than the short wheel base pajero.
ill make a deal with ya. if you want ill meet ya some day and we can go jeep shopping.....the santa fe is a car based jeep. the pajero is a truck based jeep.

plus therell be a big enough fuel diff for ya if doing high mileage.
a santa fe will take a full single matress in the back for trips away too. save on the oull accom at concerts where your raped at b&bs etc.

And pajeros can be hard to park cause your higher up, cant see out the back and at times that rear wheel drives ya nuts