tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Instrument servicing? - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Music Mart
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
deefer deefer is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Highlands, surrounded by deer and bracken.
Posts: 11,445
Default Instrument servicing?

Hey all, where is the best place to get a bass serviced in Cork, I brought it to a certain sop to get it looked a but was told they wouldn't quote me until the job was done ( rewiring ).

I didn't think this was right, as it's a basic job. I just don't have the patience for it..... Who do ye use?

It's not one of my main players so not in a huge rush, but it's a rare enough model and want to get it back in playable condition.

Sound!
__________________
The Game, you just lost it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
true. but it sucks, especially when nothing comes
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Crisp Sandwich Crisp Sandwich is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Station To Station
Posts: 10,311
Default

Story Deefs?

A fella that Ca$hy and I know has set up his own place making and servicing guitars and basses but I don't think he's doing rewiring to be honest.

The best places to go in my opinion are in Dublin. I changed pickups in one of my guitars years ago. Worth the trip.

Danvel Musical Instruments and Guitar Fix are the best.

There's a fella Eugene, something or other, in Portobello who's supposed to be a nightmare to deal with. Same as a well known so called luthier in Cork.

If it's just wiring any decent electrical engineer or electrician should be albe to do the job for you.
__________________
Grey not neon, grey not real. Life bleeds, death is your birthright.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 PM
deefer deefer is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Highlands, surrounded by deer and bracken.
Posts: 11,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Sandwich View Post
Story Deefs?

A fella that Ca$hy and I know has set up his own place making and servicing guitars and basses but I don't think he's doing rewiring to be honest.

The best places to go in my opinion are in Dublin. I changed pickups in one of my guitars years ago. Worth the trip.

Danvel Musical Instruments and Guitar Fix are the best.

There's a fella Eugene, something or other, in Portobello who's supposed to be a nightmare to deal with. Same as a well known so called luthier in Cork.

If it's just wiring any decent electrical engineer or electrician should be albe to do the job for you.
Alright Crispy? Yeah I saw that dude on his FB alright. Basically, the mess of wires in the cavity is overkill. It's like spaghetti junction! Not too complicated, two soapbars, two tone, one volume control. Active circutry is a bitch! But 3/4 of my basses are active haha!

It may be the same fella who had a look at mine, I'll try muster the patience up and solder myself....... need to attack truss rod too, slight bow!
__________________
The Game, you just lost it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
true. but it sucks, especially when nothing comes
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
jack-your-body jack-your-body is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,526
Default

Does anyone know where I could get my flute serviced for cheap?

The thing needs a good blowing, until it's blown clean.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-2012, 03:14 PM
deefer deefer is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Highlands, surrounded by deer and bracken.
Posts: 11,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack-your-body View Post
Does anyone know where I could get my flute serviced for cheap?

The thing needs a good blowing, until it's blown clean.
Can you not blow it yourself?? Eh...... I'm sure there are flute techs all over the city. try down the docks, maybe???
__________________
The Game, you just lost it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
true. but it sucks, especially when nothing comes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
debgor2 debgor2 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack-your-body View Post
Does anyone know where I could get my flute serviced for cheap?

The thing needs a good blowing, until it's blown clean.
A Pole is your best bet.
__________________
Go forth and prosper. If you can't do that, steal.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




Villagers

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼






tester
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.