tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
" Unicef "on Barca shirts.... - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-03-2007, 09:46 AM

One problem you get in Spain is the reaction of rival fans to your brand. Zanussi started sponsoring Real Madrid a number of year ago and their sales dropped 20% in Catalonia. They didn't get enough of a bounce elsewhere to counteract that.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
its not a sponsor. first brand on a shirt you could say.

in my opionin it was genius, sell out tradition by donating to charity for a coupe of years and if you become uncompetitive sign a mega bucks sponsor deal knowing that the fans have gotten used to branding and want success.
I'd say you might have a very poor reading of how things work if that's what you draw from it. Something like that would require ratification by all socíos, and the any president who tabled such a motion would be out of there quicker than Ronaldinho strolls past the queue at a Tibidabo nightclub. Aside from having massive financial resources to draw upon, Barcelona (and, by extension, the Catalans) are a lot like Arsenal, insofar as they're their own biggest fans; having UNICEF emblazoned upon their shirts is an exercise in ego-stroking, as well as an always welcome two fingers held up in Real Madrid's direction. Things would want to change drastically before if would happen.

Also, given the level of antipathy towrds Barcelona throught most of the rest of Spain, it wouldn't make great commercial sense for a lot of firms in the context of the Spanish market.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle View Post
One problem you get in Spain is the reaction of rival fans to your brand. Zanussi started sponsoring Real Madrid a number of year ago and their sales dropped 20% in Catalonia. They didn't get enough of a bounce elsewhere to counteract that.
Yup, and Real have much wider support and sympathy across Spain than Barcelona do.

Same thing happened in Portugal a few years back, which was why you ended up with Benfica, Sporting and Porto sharing the same sponsor.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
Yup, and Real have much wider support and sympathy across Spain than Barcelona do.

Same thing happened in Portugal a few years back, which was why you ended up with Benfica, Sporting and Porto sharing the same sponsor.
Is that why Celtic & Rangers share a sponsor as well?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyB View Post
Is that why Celtic & Rangers share a sponsor as well?
I didn't want to bring that one into the equation because I'm not sure. Could well be, I guess MON is yer only man on this one.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Really? Why's that?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound View Post
Really? Why's that?
A hell of a lot of people have them a second team. There are successful and large Real supporters clubs through Castilla-Leon, Castillas-La Mancha, Adanalusia, Aragon and Navarre. The (obvious) exceptions being the Basque Country (where wearing a Real kit could really land you in some trouble) and Catalonia.

Barca don't get much sympathy throughout the rest of Spain 'proper', and there's no great love lost between the Bassques and the Catalans in matters footballing (or other).
Old 07-03-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I'd say you might have a very poor reading of how things work if that's what you draw from it. Something like that would require ratification by all socíos, and the any president who tabled such a motion would be out of there quicker than Ronaldinho strolls past the queue at a Tibidabo nightclub. Aside from having massive financial resources to draw upon, Barcelona (and, by extension, the Catalans) are a lot like Arsenal, insofar as they're their own biggest fans; having UNICEF emblazoned upon their shirts is an exercise in ego-stroking, as well as an always welcome two fingers held up in Real Madrid's direction. Things would want to change drastically before if would happen.

Also, given the level of antipathy towrds Barcelona throught most of the rest of Spain, it wouldn't make great commercial sense for a lot of firms in the context of the Spanish market.
well come back to this no doubt
Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
well come back to this no doubt

Quote:

Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
they have changed drastically allready. people calling for coach to be sacked, the havent won away in the league since november, eto and ronaldinho look disintrested in the club and each other, they are out of the european cup, looking dodgey in the league and last time i read up on them the finances werent too hectic. They have some good young players but some important ones are in the older catorgery.

and for the first time in history they have branding on the front of their shirts, and the fans love it!!

showponies ted. showponies.
they should sign duff.