Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 12-02-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
He didn't act on the violent urge though. If you want to find a fight you will find a fight.
When i punched that man it was a complete spur of the moment thing. I wasnt angry at all leading up to it.

Im not going to mention the mans ethnicity. It doesnt matter in this case.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
Some one better tell the half a million up there that identify as such so. (census 2011)
It’s a gerrymandered piece of ground constituted by the occupying power, the British to create a majority who would remain governed by the British. To recognise it as some kind of Taiwan lite “country,” is to accept that.

It’s the north of Ireland, not “Northern Ireland.”
Old 12-02-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJ View Post
That's why I prefaced my remarks "To be pedantic".
Maybe when (if) we get national unity, "Northern Irish" will become an official rather than an informal designation.
God forbid that a united ireland ever happens.

So what you are saying that in a united ireland then the nordies will look for ethnic status like the travellers?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
It’s a gerrymandered piece of ground constituted by the occupying power, the British to create a majority who would remain governed by the British. To recognise it as some kind of Taiwan lite “country,” is to accept that.

Situated in the north west of Great Britain?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post

And? People living there are entitled to see themselves as what ever they want be it Northern Irish, Irish or British and I doubt they give two f8cks as to what some one on the local talk scene page here thinks.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
No, that just makes you sound like an arse.

I had a client who told the guards that he was saying nothing til he talked to his brief. Everyone just laughed at what a gobshite he was...
Well call you what you want, by pure luck i had corks hottest brief looking after me in court one time.

It was a stressful day but she really took the edge off.