tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
PROC Hurling All-Stars 2019 - Page 6 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 30-07-2019, 08:09 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dow View Post
I don't think Colin Fennelly should be up for hurdler of the year
Yeah hurdling isn't his forte ��

Its 10 nominations for hurler of the year so I reckon Fennelys worth a place in that

But should we reduce it to 5 nominations?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 30-07-2019, 08:14 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlecrack View Post
I would add in Rory O Connor and Kyle Hayes here.

Mullen, O Connor and a random Tipp/Kyle Hayes would be the three nominations if I had to guess.

Reid, Callanan and Ronan Maher/Noel McGrath for the Senior award. Recency bias is huge. Lee Chin would probably get nominated before Hoggie because the media licks his arse so much.
We need to come to a consensus on who should be allowed be nominated for this. At the very least they must be u21 but might be a better idea to stick to u20? And only those who have played senior hurling

Which would be

Robert Downey (Cork)
Jake Morris (Tipperary)
Damien Reck (Wexford)
Adrian Mullen (Kilkenny)

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 30-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Thistlecrack Thistlecrack is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
We need to come to a consensus on who should be allowed be nominated for this. At the very least they must be u21 but might be a better idea to stick to u20? And only those who have played senior hurling

Which would be

Robert Downey (Cork)
Jake Morris (Tipperary)
Damien Reck (Wexford)
Adrian Mullen (Kilkenny)

Anyone else?
As far as I know U21s is still the rule, that'll probably change next year though once U20s is solidified.

With that Mullen, O'Connor and Hayes would be top 3 I feel. Hayes was odds on until not too long ago and seeing as he won it last year that'll probably give him a token nomination.

Probably best for a discussion on another thread but I can't see how Downey would get nominated, even with the reddest shade of red tinted glasses.

Morris or Ger Browne have decent shouts of getting nominated with parts to play in the final.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 30-07-2019, 08:40 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlecrack View Post
As far as I know U21s is still the rule, that'll probably change next year though once U20s is solidified.

With that Mullen, O'Connor and Hayes would be top 3 I feel. Hayes was odds on until not too long ago and seeing as he won it last year that'll probably give him a token nomination.

Probably best for a discussion on another thread but I can't see how Downey would get nominated, even with the reddest shade of red tinted glasses.

Morris or Ger Browne have decent shouts of getting nominated with parts to play in the final.
Can anyone clarify that u21 is still the rule for young hurler of the year nominations?;

I agree on Downey getting a soft nomination here, more to do with the fact he played senior than anything
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 30-07-2019, 08:43 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,781
Default

Lads, I think we should reduce this to 5 nominations to make it a more exclusive club

TJ Reid
Padraig Walsh
Noel McGrath
Seamus Callanan
Patrick Horgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
Hurler of the Year

TJ Reid (Kilkenny)
Colin Fennelly (Kilkenny)
Padraig Walsh (Kilkenny)
Padraig Maher (Tipperary)
Noel McGrath (Tipperary)
Seamus Callinan (Tipperary)
Lee Chin (Wexford)
Rory O Connor (Wexford)
Aaron Gillane (Limerick)
Patrick Horgan (Cork)
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 30-07-2019, 09:00 PM
BlueMagic BlueMagic is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,978
Default

Lads, how in the name of God is Robert Downey in the conversation for Young Hurler of the year? Has to be Adrian Mullen from Kilkenny either way
__________________
"What you know about goalkeeping could be written on the back of a stamp." Polar Bear
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 30-07-2019, 09:06 PM
dow dow is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: co tipperary
Posts: 1,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
Yeah hurdling isn't his forte ��

Its 10 nominations for hurler of the year so I reckon Fennelys worth a place in that

But should we reduce it to 5 nominations?
Ouch lol
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 30-07-2019, 09:20 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMagic View Post
Lads, how in the name of God is Robert Downey in the conversation for Young Hurler of the year? Has to be Adrian Mullen from Kilkenny either way
Its a poll, hence more than one nomination, relax
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:08 AM
bluesball bluesball is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,069
Default

Niall O Leary instead of Downey O Leary still under 21 afaik.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-08-2019, 02:36 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,781
Default

Ok, after investigating it seems young hurler of the year will be under 21

So based on that the 5 nominees are?

Adrian Mullen (Kilkenny)
Kyle Hayes (Limerick)
Rory O'Connor (Wexford)
Jake Morris (Tipperary)
Niall O'Leary (Cork)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Siopa







All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.