tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Mary Lou must go ! - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 27-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Corcaigh32 Corcaigh32 is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 32,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
No "honeymoon" period for MLMcD.

Taking over from Jarry is a poison chalice,
After a week? When the poll was probably being taken as she was being elected? Ah lads..........
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 27-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
After a week? When the poll was probably being taken as she was being elected? Ah lads..........
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 27-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
After a week? When the poll was probably being taken as she was being elected? Ah lads..........
Actually polling was done last week - however, when +/- 3% margin of error taken into account, not much change. FG more cause to be disappointed - no boost from their big capital spending announcements.
No significant divergence in recent polls - doubt there'd be much change in overall make up of dail if election held now. Maybe few seats transferring to FG from FF. SF and Indos about the same. No joy for Labour.

Last edited by Rebel CNC; 27-02-2018 at 03:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 27-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
After a week? When the poll was probably being taken as she was being elected? Ah lads..........
What has she done since taking over from Jarry?

Visited the Mainland to try and stick her neb into Brexit and told to fuck off and mind her own business by the fragrant Theresa.

Jarry must be laughing up his sleeve at her piss poor politicking.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 27-02-2018, 02:39 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
Jaysus but I'm glad the lads are ok , thought they were underground with the Special Communications Unit.


Actually wasn't overly enthused about MLMD taking over as leader but I've heard her speak a lot more and seen her in person and I'm quite impressed with her actually. I think she's "making all the right noises" so far and could be a great leader. She seems a lot more capable so far than what I'd first imagined tbh.
It'll be interesting to see how things pan out in the coming months but I'm a lot more positive about her now and I think that may well be reflected back on the doorsteps too.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 27-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post


Actually wasn't overly enthused about MLMD taking over as leader but I've heard her speak a lot more and seen her in person and I'm quite impressed with her actually. I think she's "making all the right noises" so far and could be a great leader. She seems a lot more capable so far than what I'd first imagined tbh.
It'll be interesting to see how things pan out in the coming months but I'm a lot more positive about her now and I think that may well be reflected back on the doorsteps too.
hmmmm

Mary Lou is a pain in the hole, her constant whining does appeal to certain demographic and they already vote SF, I can't really see how her becoming leader will swell those numbers. Id be of the opinion that SF have reached peak numbers down here and can only hold or recede, but I suppose thats the question everyone is trying to figure out. Lets see

the real acid test will be what happens them if they become a junior partner in govt
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 27-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Corcaigh32 Corcaigh32 is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 32,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
hmmmm

Mary Lou is a pain in the hole, her constant whining does appeal to certain demographic and they already vote SF, I can't really see how her becoming leader will swell those numbers. Id be of the opinion that SF have reached peak numbers down here and can only hold or recede, but I suppose thats the question everyone is trying to figure out. Lets see

the real acid test will be what happens them if they become a junior partner in govt
I would say the real acid test is if they allow themselves to become a junior partner in government. If they dive for the opposition benches when an offer of coalition is on the table then they will lose a lot of support.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 27-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35,222
Default

FG have stitched up SF nicely this week requesting them to take their seats at Westminster to save Ireland from the Brexit / border nightmare.

Asking SF to do something that they should do but will not ever do as that are too wedded to I.R.A. fantasy mythmaking to effect real change was a clever move.

For Ireland.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 27-02-2018, 03:56 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
I would say the real acid test is if they allow themselves to become a junior partner in government. If they dive for the opposition benches when an offer of coalition is on the table then they will lose a lot of support.
They will find themselves with a huge dilemna after next election, go into govt and risk going way of greens, labour and pds or sit on fence and risk the wrath
of people who for first time put their faith in them,
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 27-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Corcaigh32 Corcaigh32 is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 32,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
FG have stitched up SF nicely this week requesting them to take their seats at Westminster to save Ireland from the Brexit / border nightmare.

Asking SF to do something that they should do but will not ever do as that are too wedded to I.R.A. fantasy mythmaking to effect real change was a clever move.

For Ireland.
I can't tell if you get it, but are just kicking SF anyway or don't actually get it. The whole premise of a vote for SF in the North is that they will not take their seats. People put their ballot in a box for SF on that basis. It has absolutely nothing to do with IRA fantasy myth-making.

The very notion of SF nationally is to end partition and severe the link with England permanently. What credibility would they have in making that argument if they take their seats.

As it happens the Soubry amendment will probably be shot down anyway, no pun intended, because in all likelihood they will make it a motion of confidence and if a Tory MP votes against their party in a motion of confidence they are automatically deselected.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Live Music

Lorcan Geaney

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.