Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 16-05-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspud View Post
It's like what you'd see in some banana republic, the taxi mafia.
And run by an Elvis lookalike to boot.

No arriving visitor to our airport should have to use a taxi.
Old 17-05-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
Joking aside....thats exactly what cork needs.

The bus service from the airport is particularily shameful and there has long been the rumour that the taxi drivers were making threats should a proper bus service be put in place on "their patch"
Who'd be getting on the bus when coming off the plane? Bus wankers plus duty free is a no from me thanks?
Old 17-05-2019, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAl View Post
Who'd be getting on the bus when coming off the plane? Bus wankers plus duty free is a no from me thanks?
It's a piss poor sign of a city if you can't get decent public transport from its airport, held to random by taxi men.
Bus wankers comment is like something from the Thatcher era.
Old 17-05-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
It's a piss poor sign of a city if you can't get decent public transport from its airport, held to random by taxi men.
Only losers take the bus
Old 17-05-2019, 07:17 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Joking aside....thats exactly what cork needs.

The bus service from the airport is particularily shameful and there has long been the rumour that the taxi drivers were making threats should a proper bus service be put in place on "their patch"

What on earth could the taxi drivers do if there was a "proper bus service" put in place??? Ram a few of them or something

"Held to ransom" - I mean seriously guys. What are ye like
Old 17-05-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:

Imagine if your welcome committee to Cork and Ireland was some miserable wanker of a taxi driver who spends the journey from Cork Airport to town giving out about how there are too many taxi drivers and FG have ruined the country?

I work in financial services, and myself and a colleague had to take a taxi for a 30 minute journey last year. The driver spent the ENTIRE journey ranting about how the banks had taken his house and it had destroyed his marriage and he lost his kids, and it was all the banks' fault.

Professionalism at its lowest.
Old 17-05-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post

What on earth could the taxi drivers do if there was a "proper bus service" put in place??? Ram a few of them or something

"Held to ransom" - I mean seriously guys. What are ye like
There were loads of punters of a cruise ship stranded in ringaskiddy yesterday (who hadnt pre booked coach excursions).

Some were booking taxis via apps but the drivers were not being let past port security....fair enough.

A coach company owner told prenders that he had seen taxis collecting punters and the irate taxi driver came back on and said.

"I was not let past security unless i was pre booked through the shipping company and if that man is calling me a liar then i can arrange to meet him somewhere"
Old 17-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
Imagine if your welcome committee to Cork and Ireland was some miserable wanker of a taxi driver who spends the journey from Cork Airport to town giving out about how there are too many taxi drivers and FG have ruined the country?

I work in financial services, and myself and a colleague had to take a taxi for a 30 minute journey last year. The driver spent the ENTIRE journey ranting about how the banks had taken his house and it had destroyed his marriage and he lost his kids, and it was all the banks' fault.

Professionalism at its lowest.
For a half an hour???? In from Cork Airport????

BTW, you can speak to Taxi drivers and say that you're tired after your flight and would he mind giving you some silence during the journey. He's there to serve you. You don't have to suffer. Just speak up for yourself.
Old 17-05-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
if that man is calling me a liar then i can arrange to meet him somewhere"

The radio equivalent of "say that to my face"

Taxi drivers are an embarrassment
Old 17-05-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
For a half an hour???? In from Cork Airport????

BTW, you can speak to Taxi drivers and say that you're tired after your flight and would he mind giving you some silence during the journey. He's there to serve you. You don't have to suffer. Just speak up for yourself.

Ha no it was from Dublin 4 to Kilmainham. Shouldn't have taken 30 minutes all the same.