Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-09-2005, 08:24 PM

fuck that
Old 01-09-2005, 08:40 PM

tiz piss easy
Old 01-09-2005, 08:42 PM

doin 4-6 gigs a week on the same set of hd 25's that are 3 years old dey look fuked but work perfect, had to replace the lead once.

went through a set of sonys in about 6 months.

AND THIER MADE IN IRELAND!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:31 PM

Pioneer hdj 1000..best headphones I've ever had, sturdy as fuck .. big long lead.....crystal clear sound...gone through so many sonys & it's always the same problem..one ear comes off...not mine mind but the headphones..sennheis ers are definately the most comfortable but they're not loud enough for my deaf ears
Old 02-09-2005, 05:25 AM

well i have gone through so many headphones at this stage,but i still have my sonys over 2yrs now and they are still intacted,and they have done alot of travelling,all the way down here to wellington.so not bad going i must say...
Old 02-09-2005, 07:26 AM

i use the black sony's, MDR-V500s and have for the past few years. i think they're designed better since they have smaller earpieces than the massive silver jobs, which usually break at the swivel point on the ear. my black sonys only have electrical tape on the jack, as a prevative measure since the jack casing was starting to break.

that said, i think sennheisers are better. and they sell spare parts.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Swift
How tall are you Tall Keith?

taller than you anyway my stumpy friend!

Who swift are you anyway G-swift?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:57 AM

One drawback with the HD25s is the cable is very short, didn't realise it until they arrived ![/QUOTE]

Thats true but, they have fork clips into the headphone from the cable and if you stand on them they just pop out! I could mix all night, and have mixed all night with the sennheiser light comfortable, you can throw them around your neck and listen to them on your shoulder and they dont cut off the blood circulation to your head! They have a solid bassy punch, but have very good high frequency response, its mid range isnt great but mid frequency sounds shit anyway!

I prefer the supraaural ear coupling (worn on the external ear) of the Sennheiser
to the circumaural ear coupling (surrounding the whole ear) of the sony because you get a more direct sound too your ear with Senns whereas its a broader sound with the sony a little bit vague!

I think that the sony are way too loud and that its more like two speakers on your head than a set of headphones. I think that you lose alot of sound definition this way!
thats my 10 cents anywho! all in all sonys are for djs who have damaged their hearing and need loud cans to play in clubs, and sennheisers are just sweet as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...nsf/root/02976
http://www.sonystyle.com/intershopro...HQS=headphones

even sonys website is a pain in the hole!

PS i have used both these headphones equally for a couple of years and they are both good headphones just took me this long to pick one!

Last edited by ~Tall Keith~; 02-09-2005 at 09:05 AM..
Old 02-09-2005, 09:51 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tall Keith~
sonys are for djs who have damaged their hearing and need loud cans to play in clubs,

Could you speak up a bit i can't hear?

Nah, that would definitely partly explain my preference.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Hear id probably prefer to have played all the clubs you have played! so its half of one and six dozen of the other (I think thats the phrase anywho)