tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Spinal Tap moments - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-08-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Spinal Tap moments

Found this in a music mag I was browsing yesterday where the journalist was asking Rock legends about their own "Spinal Tap" moment during their career.

This one stood out for me

The Rolling Stones backstage after a gig throwing a few lines of charlie together when the bands manager opens the door sticks his head around and says here come the Police. The Stones grab all the coke and flush it down the toilet as
Stewart Copeland, Andy Summers and Sting walk into the room.

Funny Stuff........
Old 30-08-2005, 11:08 AM

Now there's a topic- your best spinal tap moments.

Bands and djs I know you've all had em.

We've had a few, it's usually me though. One was nearly knocking myself unconscious while climbing the railings in the Works at the woodstock opening night and walloping my head on the ceiling. I also belted the mike off my teeth that night whilst taking it off the stand, and also got my tie stuck around my head as I tried to take it off all sexily as part of the act.

You gotta learn to laugh at yourself in this business!

A great one was a guitarist jumping off the stage during a solo and his lead coming with him, leaving a very quiet solo.
Old 31-08-2005, 12:52 PM

Similar moment playing the telethon in Jurys car park years back... Down the back of Jury's for a few sneaky smokes... May have been a little bit shtoned... We see the cops coming from 2 sides! We eat... yes eat the joints (we were young and stoned!) And it's a few security guards.. saying we weren't allowed back there!! Well on comes our slot, the smoke machine kicks in... out of it from my snack! Forget which song I'm playing and fluck it up for the telly! Although only I noticed so how bad!!
Old 02-09-2005, 04:11 PM

come on there must be more of you...