tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
kids and social distancing - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Senior PROC Member

I haven't let my two out with any other smallies. They mainly play with each other anyway, so apart from missing their cousins they are doing alright.

Harder with older kids though I'm sure
Old 01-06-2020, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocides View Post
Didnt take long for the queen to turn up. 👸
Old 01-06-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbysdelight View Post
What age bracket are your kids my? ..

Kids of 13 14 15 upwards etc are out and about all over the place meeting each other for past 2 weeks and not always in groups of 4 or social nd i see no huge surge in the virus.

Go to mytrleville and fountainstown all this weekend ..They are packed out with them.

It really comes down to personal choice. .They have been stuck in long enough. .For their mental health I'd have no problem letting them out as I believe this virus has peaked and we are seeing only the scared and hypochondriacs s are going around looking to keep us all in and keeping it hyped
Kids are 13 and 10.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I haven't let my two out with any other smallies. They mainly play with each other anyway, so apart from missing their cousins they are doing alright.

Harder with older kids though I'm sure
What's a smallie?

Old 01-06-2020, 05:32 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMÁS View Post
Kids are 13 and 10.
Yeah I'd have no problem with them out but again it's a personal choice for parents.
Kids are mixing ..my niece 16 has gone to friends houses ..They to hers over past 2 weeks and lots more are doing same out and about. If anything immunity in the community will build up and get better
Old 01-06-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMÁS View Post
I've two kids.

I want to let them out and play with their friends, but they come back and are worried that none of their friends are social distancing.

Should kids be social distancing or is it OK and should we just drive on?

If they cannot go back to school because schools are not ready for social distancing, surely we need to be more protective of kids now, no?
I think you have to make your own judgement...the families on my street all took the restrictions seriously so no one was at work, with others, no kids out on the street etc for 6-7 weeks. This weekend we let the kids play with each other and did our best to keep them at a distance. The chances of any of the families having Covid are minuscule as all have observed the guidance

There is a fine line between the benefits of further isolation and the damage it will do
Old 01-06-2020, 09:22 PM
Senior PROC Member

Kids are social creatures.

Up to the parents really however I think many of them have enough.

Kids see the world in its true colours, they didn't cause this so "what the hell did I do?? " and may feel unduly punished.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
Kids are social creatures.

Up to the parents really however I think many of them have enough.

Kids see the world in its true colours, they didn't cause this so "what the hell did I do?? " and may feel unduly punished.
Ethel, until a full investigation is carried out into the source of this virus I wouldn't be ruling anyone out.

They have as much to gain from this as Bill Gates.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:15 PM

Social distancing
Old 03-06-2020, 10:01 AM
Senior PROC Member

My youngest has been social distancing, but my 19 yr old has been down the Atlantic Pond with a few cans meeting pals a couple of times now. And the eldest has had 3 of her friends around to our garden last week. Don't think they were 6 feet apart at all times But we're doing our best. Doesn't help when so many others seem to think that Social Distancing is for others but not for them