tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Famous people who have been in Cork - Page 8 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerchantOfEnnis View Post
What a load of shit. I was meant to see Jimmy White at the Austrian snooker open a few years ago but he pulled out on the day. The biggest stars there ended up being Luca Brecel and Nigel Bond. I think Bond won it.

I also went to the Austrian Darts open around 7 years ago, with both Taylor and Lewis as the headline names. Both pulled out on the day, but Taylor's merch stand was still selling overpriced shit.

All the other big names were there to be fair, Justin Pipe won it, beat James Wade in the final.

Highlight of the day was getting a photo with Terry Jenkins and the Pieman in the bar of the hotel. I also met Brendan "9 Dart" Dolan in the queue for McDonalds, no joke
While they were playing the local lads it was a bit of craic , tbf, very enjoyable. Then they played each other and we were all told to be quiet, at an exhibition ffs.

I fucked off before it was over tbh.
Old 28-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Senior PROC Member

The Blarney Stone.

Winston Churchill, one of this century’s great orators, kissed the stone. Comedian Stan Laurel kissed it, but his bulky partner Oliver Hardy declined.

Television actor Larry Hagman, never at a loss for words as the villainous J. R. Ewing in “Dallas,” had to take off his Stetson to pay lip-service to the stone.
Old 28-06-2020, 11:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegillabbeygowl View Post
The Blarney Stone.

Winston Churchill, one of this century’s great orators, kissed the stone. Comedian Stan Laurel kissed it, but his bulky partner Oliver Hardy declined.

Television actor Larry Hagman, never at a loss for words as the villainous J. R. Ewing in “Dallas,” had to take off his Stetson to pay lip-service to the stone.

Churchill was in Cork??

Here's one I never knew til now.

Lisa Marie Presley, who was here for Marylin Manson's wedding to Dita von Teese.

http://www.showbiz.ie/news/december05/09-manson02.shtml
Old 28-06-2020, 11:47 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Churchill was in Cork??

Here's one I never knew til now.

Lisa Marie Presley, who was here for Marylin Manson's wedding to Dita von Teese.

http://www.showbiz.ie/news/december05/09-manson02.shtml

As First Sea Lord of the Empire at the height of its power - Winston Churchill was one of the most powerful men in the world when he visited Cork in the summer of 1912.

The man who would go on to lead Britain against Hitler was especially interested in the town that was then known as Queenstown - and the vitally important naval base at Haulbowline.

Churchill considered Cork, with its vast natural harbour, fearsome defences and deep-water berths as "the sentinel on the Western Approaches" - the key to guarding the sea lanes across the north Atlantic.
Old 28-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Senior PROC Member

If you go to the imperial hotel, they list some of the famous guests on the wall.

Edit.
Pulled this off their website.

“The Imperial Hotel has welcomed many other notable guests coming by coach or by car, the great Irish painter, Daniel Maclise stayed here, the novelist William Makepeace, Thackeray took tea in the lounge with Father Theobald Mathew, the Apostle of Temperance, Charles Dickens gave a reading in the Clarence Room, Daniel O’Connell addressed a glittering assemblage there and Liszt gave a Piano recital.

In more recent years, George Best came to stay, got into a fight and left! The late Maureen O’Hara frequently dined here, actor Brian Dennehy and star of TV sitcom Murder She Wrote, Angela Lansbury, are both regulars.”
Old 28-06-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Here's one, Vanessa Feltz
By god huh! I was eating in a local pub in East Cork one night and a lady who looked identical to Vanessa feltz and her much younger partner were at the table next to us. My wife was sure it was her. I said don't be so silly.
Looks like my Mrs was right after all.
Old 28-06-2020, 11:54 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
By god huh! I was eating in a local pub in East Cork one night and a lady who looked identical to Vanessa feltz and her much younger partner were at the table next to us. My wife was sure it was her. I said don't be so silly.
Looks like my Mrs was right after all.

That has to be one of the best and worst celeb spottings of all time. Vanessa Feltz ffs

Remember the time Kanye West and Kim Khardashian went to the cinema in Portlaoise?

LOL @ yer man on the bicycle taking a photo.

Old 28-06-2020, 11:56 AM

Chester Bennington would have spent a lot of time in East Cork. He was very friendly with the lads from Cyclefly and would often be spotted in rural pubs around East Cork.

On the will ferrel and midleton reference from the previous page. Will Ferrel and John C Reilly were on the tear in Midleton one day a few years ago. They spent the day drinking with the locals in cantys and Niall Macs bars.
Old 28-06-2020, 11:59 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegillabbeygowl View Post
The Blarney Stone.

Sure George Best played for Cork Celtic, briefly.

A few huge names played for Cork teams actually. Geoff Hurst, Gordon Banks, Uwe Rosler.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...fair-1.3767065

Here's BestY in Turners Cross against Bohs in 1976

Old 28-06-2020, 12:00 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
That has to be one of the best and worst celeb spottings of all time. Vanessa Feltz ffs
She has a holiday home in east Cork