tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Refunds for Covid 19 cancellations - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 25-06-2020, 10:50 AM
PROC Member

Default Refunds for Covid 19 cancellations

What are peoples thoughts/experiences? All things considered, i'm due back around €2,000 in refunds for cancelled flights, hotels, gigs, gym membership. Yet, the only refund I've actually received to date is from Axa for my car insurance. The rest of the businesses are just fobbing me off with vouchers and excuses. They are taking the piss at this stage. Especially Parknasilla. They owe me over €1,000 for a cancelled week, but state they are unable to process refunds. Yet they had no problem fully booking out all of their rooms for July + August in a single day 2 weeks ago, and publishing it via national newspapers....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/surge-in-demand-for-hotel-rooms-as-staycation-season-looms-1.4273621%3fmode=amp
Old 25-06-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel without a caus View Post
What are peoples thoughts/experiences? All things considered, i'm due back around €2,000 in refunds for cancelled flights, hotels, gigs, gym membership. Yet, the only refund I've actually received to date is from Axa for my car insurance. The rest of the businesses are just fobbing me off with vouchers and excuses. They are taking the piss at this stage. Especially Parknasilla. They owe me over €1,000 for a cancelled week, but state they are unable to process refunds. Yet they had no problem fully booking out all of their rooms for July + August in a single day 2 weeks ago, and publishing it via national newspapers....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/surge-in-demand-for-hotel-rooms-as-staycation-season-looms-1.4273621%3fmode=amp
Did you pay by card? You can do a chargeback with your bank...I got my money back off Etihad through chargeback when they refused to refund.
Old 25-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Senior PROC Member

Some places ask that you don't look for a refund and instead avail of a voucher, and in a couple of cases increased value on the voucher. If you can afford to wait then it's good for that business to retain your money. If not then they should be handing it back imho
Old 25-06-2020, 10:57 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel without a caus View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iri...621%3fmode=amp
That's absolute bollocks tbh, unless the original booking stated it was booked on a no refund basis.

Have to contact my gym next week, I presume they will be extending annual membership by 3 months. I wont be renewing otherwise.
Old 25-06-2020, 11:00 AM
PROC Member

I bought four tickets to Diana Ross for family members. The money's being refunded.

What's the protocol here? Should I give them the money? My Jiminy Cricket says yes, but my Cyril Sneer says no.
Old 25-06-2020, 11:00 AM
Senior PROC Member

Anyone get a refund from their caravan/mobile home site owners? Mine is in kirry where every pound is a prisoner so I don't hold out much hope of getting even a euro off, despite not having had the place available for more than a quarter of the year
Old 25-06-2020, 11:01 AM
PROC Member

Nice one. Great advice on the chargeback idea. Will try that. I'm not a complete asshole. I'm not chasing the smaller businesses who I know are strapped, but the likes of Parknasilla and Ryanair would want to pay up.
Old 25-06-2020, 11:07 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned the Head View Post
I bought four tickets to Diana Ross for family members. The money's being refunded.

What's the protocol here? Should I give them the money? My Jiminy Cricket says yes, but my Cyril Sneer says no.
Be Jiminy. They'll turn you 'Upside Down' if they find out you haven't refunded them
Old 25-06-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned the Head View Post

Did you buy the tickets with cash money? Ticketmaster has closed down for good and trying to get a email response off them as to how and where to collect the 300 odd im owed is being a pain to say the least.

Imagine, ticketmaster cork closes its doors forever and its not even mentioned in the echo, just a 30 second slot on red fm.

Any updates on this are much appreciated
Old 25-06-2020, 11:46 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Anyone get a refund from their caravan/mobile home site owners? Mine is in kirry where every pound is a prisoner so I don't hold out much hope of getting even a euro off, despite not having had the place available for more than a quarter of the year
Heard of some getting refunds in garryvoe. Kerry? Youre having a laugh.

Every pound a prisoner. Love it