tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Refunds for Covid 19 cancellations - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25-06-2020, 10:50 AM
rebel without a caus rebel without a caus is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 121
Default Refunds for Covid 19 cancellations

What are peoples thoughts/experiences? All things considered, i'm due back around €2,000 in refunds for cancelled flights, hotels, gigs, gym membership. Yet, the only refund I've actually received to date is from Axa for my car insurance. The rest of the businesses are just fobbing me off with vouchers and excuses. They are taking the piss at this stage. Especially Parknasilla. They owe me over €1,000 for a cancelled week, but state they are unable to process refunds. Yet they had no problem fully booking out all of their rooms for July + August in a single day 2 weeks ago, and publishing it via national newspapers....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/surge-in-demand-for-hotel-rooms-as-staycation-season-looms-1.4273621%3fmode=amp
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-06-2020, 10:54 AM
Jesse Custer Jesse Custer is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel without a caus View Post
What are peoples thoughts/experiences? All things considered, i'm due back around €2,000 in refunds for cancelled flights, hotels, gigs, gym membership. Yet, the only refund I've actually received to date is from Axa for my car insurance. The rest of the businesses are just fobbing me off with vouchers and excuses. They are taking the piss at this stage. Especially Parknasilla. They owe me over €1,000 for a cancelled week, but state they are unable to process refunds. Yet they had no problem fully booking out all of their rooms for July + August in a single day 2 weeks ago, and publishing it via national newspapers....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/surge-in-demand-for-hotel-rooms-as-staycation-season-looms-1.4273621%3fmode=amp
Did you pay by card? You can do a chargeback with your bank...I got my money back off Etihad through chargeback when they refused to refund.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-06-2020, 10:55 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23,563
Default

Some places ask that you don't look for a refund and instead avail of a voucher, and in a couple of cases increased value on the voucher. If you can afford to wait then it's good for that business to retain your money. If not then they should be handing it back imho
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Askyerman Askyerman is online now
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel without a caus View Post
What are peoples thoughts/experiences? All things considered, i'm due back around €2,000 in refunds for cancelled flights, hotels, gigs, gym membership. Yet, the only refund I've actually received to date is from Axa for my car insurance. The rest of the businesses are just fobbing me off with vouchers and excuses. They are taking the piss at this stage. Especially Parknasilla. They owe me over €1,000 for a cancelled week, but state they are unable to process refunds. Yet they had no problem fully booking out all of their rooms for July + August in a single day 2 weeks ago, and publishing it via national newspapers....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iri...621%3fmode=amp
That's absolute bollocks tbh, unless the original booking stated it was booked on a no refund basis.

Have to contact my gym next week, I presume they will be extending annual membership by 3 months. I wont be renewing otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-06-2020, 11:00 AM
Ned the Head Ned the Head is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 598
Default

I bought four tickets to Diana Ross for family members. The money's being refunded.

What's the protocol here? Should I give them the money? My Jiminy Cricket says yes, but my Cyril Sneer says no.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-06-2020, 11:00 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23,563
Default

Anyone get a refund from their caravan/mobile home site owners? Mine is in kirry where every pound is a prisoner so I don't hold out much hope of getting even a euro off, despite not having had the place available for more than a quarter of the year
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-06-2020, 11:01 AM
rebel without a caus rebel without a caus is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 121
Default

Nice one. Great advice on the chargeback idea. Will try that. I'm not a complete asshole. I'm not chasing the smaller businesses who I know are strapped, but the likes of Parknasilla and Ryanair would want to pay up.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-06-2020, 11:07 AM
rebel without a caus rebel without a caus is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned the Head View Post
I bought four tickets to Diana Ross for family members. The money's being refunded.

What's the protocol here? Should I give them the money? My Jiminy Cricket says yes, but my Cyril Sneer says no.
Be Jiminy. They'll turn you 'Upside Down' if they find out you haven't refunded them
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25-06-2020, 11:45 AM
HappyAl HappyAl is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned the Head View Post
I bought four tickets to Diana Ross for family members. The money's being refunded.

What's the protocol here? Should I give them the money? My Jiminy Cricket says yes, but my Cyril Sneer says no.
Did you buy the tickets with cash money? Ticketmaster has closed down for good and trying to get a email response off them as to how and where to collect the 300 odd im owed is being a pain to say the least.

Imagine, ticketmaster cork closes its doors forever and its not even mentioned in the echo, just a 30 second slot on red fm.

Any updates on this are much appreciated
__________________
- Oh, yes. Oh, very yes. I would very much like to invade the Transvaal. Look at my tooth; it's shining with lust.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25-06-2020, 11:46 AM
moycullen14 moycullen14 is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Anyone get a refund from their caravan/mobile home site owners? Mine is in kirry where every pound is a prisoner so I don't hold out much hope of getting even a euro off, despite not having had the place available for more than a quarter of the year
Heard of some getting refunds in garryvoe. Kerry? Youre having a laugh.

Every pound a prisoner. Love it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.