tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Official La Liga Thread - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
as poor as it is he still has more goals than last season so theres inconsistancies in there somewhere.

as for better players than him? ronaldo is better than him this year, can persie was better than him this year, totti has been better than him this year, fabregas has been better than him this year, scholes has been better than him this year,
for fuck sake marta has been better than him this year.
bianchi has been better than him this year, even luca toni, and i dont rate that peter crouch wannabe, fred has been better than him,

and you could argue ronaldinho is playing for the best team in europe (so they say)

and i was serious on the marta bit.

But of all those you mentioned, how many of them are actually better players than Ronnie rather than who is on form?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound View Post
But of all those you mentioned, how many of them are actually better players than Ronnie rather than who is on form?
one second, player of the year goes to whoever is the best player in the world that year. so he gets player of the year on merit? wait a minute, he allready has.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
one second, player of the year goes to whoever is the best player in the world that year. so he gets player of the year on merit? wait a minute, he allready has.

I wasn't talking about player of the year- I just asked a question.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I wasn't talking about player of the year- I just asked a question.
i judge a player on his overall ability and i wouldnt want ronaldinho in the arsenal team. as i said. its hard to pick the worlds best player because youd say rooney was up there yet he had a poor season as a whole. youd say henry was up there but hes been crapish this year. youd say lampard was up there but he hasnt been that good. you could argue the player whos been consitant in the last 3 years even during the world cup and this season has been essien.

ronaldinho is a show pony. hes just shades duff in the world class stakes.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
you could argue the player whos been consitant in the last 3 years even during the world cup and this season has been essien.
Although he had a great world cup & season so far Essien was utter muck in his first season at Chelsea (although you have to allow any foreign player a certain length of time to settle in). Nowhere near the best player in the world over the last 3 years.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
Although he had a great world cup & season so far Essien was utter muck in his first season at Chelsea (although you have to allow any foreign player a certain length of time to settle in). Nowhere near the best player in the world over the last 3 years.
he was trying to find his feet and barr a few very dogey tackles played very well in his first season. he done it for bastia to get um to uefa cup, he done it for lyon in the champions league regualry, he was one of the best players at the world cup and this season hes played everywhere chelsea were stuck and played exceptional.

ronaldinho on the other hand flopped at the world cup, has been poor this year, flopped at the european cup final. and put in some very poor performances last year on reflection.

no where near the best player in the world....as i said its hard to pick the worlds best player because no one is head and shoulders above anyone else since the zidanes retired.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
i judge a player on his overall ability and i wouldnt want ronaldinho in the arsenal team. as i said. its hard to pick the worlds best player because youd say rooney was up there yet he had a poor season as a whole. youd say henry was up there but hes been crapish this year. youd say lampard was up there but he hasnt been that good. you could argue the player whos been consitant in the last 3 years even during the world cup and this season has been essien.

ronaldinho is a show pony. hes just shades duff in the world class stakes.
I'm stealing that.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I'm stealing that.
do......keep it. in fact throw it at me everytime ronaldinho wins player of the year, trophies etc.

duff came good for me. so will dinho.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
he was trying to find his feet and barr a few very dogey tackles played very well in his first season. he done it for bastia to get um to uefa cup, he done it for lyon in the champions league regualry, he was one of the best players at the world cup and this season hes played everywhere chelsea were stuck and played exceptional.
I'm not disputing his record pre-Chelsea and for Chelsea this season but I am disputing that he played very well in his first season at Chelsea. He looked a fish out of water and even putting aside his two most prominent horror tackles I thought his all-round game looked suspect.

I'll freely admit that he came on leaps and bounds from the WC onwards and his versatility has been a huge asset for Mourinho in troubling times this season...that said I still don't think he's anywhere near the best, or best performing, in the world over the past year or 3.

Quote:
ronaldinho on the other hand flopped at the world cup, has been poor this year, flopped at the european cup final. and put in some very poor performances last year on reflection.
He hasn't quite been himself since the end of last season but as has been said already, he is still a supremely talented player who has delivered in terms of goals & assists for Barca this season if not in overall performance. Most clubs would still kill to have a player much such a contribution to their team though.

WC - played slightly out of position but should still have enough about him to adjust and excel

EC Final - he didn't make a fool out of arsenal and score a hat-trick but you can't expect him to do that every game...and esp. not in such a high-profile game with Arsenal really up for it. Always unfair to judge a player (esp one of his talents) on one game alone.

Quote:
no where near the best player in the world....as i said its hard to pick the worlds best player because no one is head and shoulders above anyone else since the zidanes retired.
I'm with you on this. The football world is waiting for the emergence of the next great talent with the likes of messi, ronaldo, torres & fabregas all coming on leaps and bounds. Not sure any of them have what it takes to emulate the great man Zidane though. Amazing player.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
I'm with you on this. The football world is waiting for the emergence of the next great talent with the likes of messi, ronaldo, torres & fabregas all coming on leaps and bounds. Not sure any of them have what it takes to emulate the great man Zidane though. Amazing player.
messi!! ha.
he aint fooling me.
now move on. i dont even wana debate it. cause i cant.