tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Chelsea thread - Page 374 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 24-02-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
That's the narrative the club might try to peddle. But I wouldn't buy it.

Also, I thought once instructions are issued to the 4th official you have the follow through with a sub?
Didn’t know about the rule re. a player allowed to refuse to come off tbh

If Sarri had planned a tactical move in case of penalties I’d like to think he’d have told the GK beforehand though
Old 24-02-2019, 09:03 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Looked like Sarri wanted Willy in goal for the penalties in any case but Kepa wasn’t having it. I think he thought it was subbing him off due to injury but it was probably a bit of both.

Should have saved Aguero’s penalty after all that. Amazing really because they’ve come out fighting today but that has overshadowed it all and Sarri could even walk after that. Or else we won’t be seeing much of Kepa anytime soon.
You just can't be having that. There's only one boss at a club..Once that goes u haven't a hope..god only knows what's going on behind closed doors at Chelsea.

If I was manager ..he the keeper would be transfer listed this evening. Fellas like that destroy morale.
Old 24-02-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbysdelight View Post
You just can't be having that. There's only one boss at a club..Once that goes u haven't a hope..god only knows what's going on behind closed doors at Chelsea.

If I was manager ..he the keeper would be transfer listed this evening. Fellas like that destroy morale.
To me it looked like they decided to bring Willy on because Kepa was injured and it was an easy decision for them to make because they knew Willy had done well in a shootout at Wembley before. It made sense for them to do it.

Kepa probably hadn’t a clue about that and just insisted he wasn’t hurt and to keep him on. He would’ve had a one track mind at that stage. At no point would he have been thinking that they would be using Willy for the shootout because he might be better at saving penalties than him.

Sarri was the one who made the fuck up overall. He should have either let it be once the signal was made by Kepa or just followed through with the sub. It was his call either way. Kepa can resist all he wants but Sarri has the final say and he balked at it and made it an even bigger scene after Kepa’s waving!
Old 25-02-2019, 12:26 PM

How good is Kepa ?
Old 25-02-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser Brody View Post
How good is Kepa ?
He's a seriously dodgy Kepa if you ask me.
Old 26-02-2019, 02:59 AM

If you review the footage Kepa claims hes alright, you can then see he clearly knows hes meant to go off but in that split second he loses control and goes against the manager and decides hes not going off.

I'll be honest I didn't see a keeper rebelling against his manager in a footballing sense what I saw was clearly a spoiled brat and an indication to the dream world some of these footballers live in cut adrift of reality if you like, everything bad about modern footballers.

It would of been incredible if Sarri had gone through the door and announced his resignation.

Perhaps however he thought in doing so he would destroy Kepa completely or else maybe he wouldn't pocket millions in compensation for any future sacking.

Its chelski lads they are a freak show and thats the price Sarri who appears a nice guy took with taking the job, they've got an average squad bar Hazard and Kante so whoever comes in after Sarri will have a major rebuilding job to do.
Old 26-02-2019, 03:01 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
He's a seriously dodgy Kepa if you ask me.
Hes been average however De Gea was shaky first season to.
Old 26-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Kepa fined a week's wages.

Kepa & Sarri both issue statements which look suspiciously like they were craftee by the same person - "big mistake" and "misunderstandin g" feature in both.

Lame from Chelsea & does little to help Sarri regain some lost power.
Old 26-02-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
Kepa fined a week's wages.

Kepa & Sarri both issue statements which look suspiciously like they were craftee by the same person - "big mistake" and "misunderstandin g" feature in both.

Lame from Chelsea & does little to help Sarri regain some lost power.
It did seem like a misunderstanding though? Definitely on the part of Kepa anyway. I still think Sarri is to blame for it being so blown out of proportion. The decision always lied in his hands and he balked at it when Kepa was saying he was good to continue. If he wanted to take him, then just take him off and stop throwing a strop about it!
Old 26-02-2019, 11:01 AM

I think Kepa played it cute.

It was going on long enough for him to know that it was the manager's wish for big Willy to take the spot-kicks regardless.

In the heat of the moment I think he backed himself to do well in the shoot-out and, consciously or not, Sarri's weakening position emboldened him to dig his heels in.

If this was a simple miscommunication then there's no way the club would fine him (...and I suspect he'd be reluctant to accept it).

Sarri's strop didn't do him any good. Perhaps if he marched right up to the technical area, refused to move and motioned Kepa to come off he would've shamed him into giving in...though if Kepa refused then it would make him look even more emasculated.