Wuhan Wheeze - Page 1739 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2020, 06:52 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
Did you really try and defend your statement?

Ok lets take these 2/3 out and see where we are

1654/3 = 551.33 over 4 months equivalent to 1654 over 12 months but lets forget about that.

Now which is bigger, 551 deaths from Covid over 4 months or 148 road deaths over 12 months?
Look if you are basically fit and healthy and under 65 you have absolutely nothing to worry about, on top of that those covid deaths could have been due to any number of other aliments that those who died had as I explained above, as said the vulnerable should have been cocooned and no lockdown, what do we do if there is a second wave?, a second lockdown, we are back to square one, Sweden got it correct.Google professor doloris cahill, she is more qualified than any of those government advisors.Live in fear if u want.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:58 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixthsense View Post
Yeah, I'm the paranoid one who is not wearing those tin foil masks that are in fashion, wink, wink.
Sorry bud, after your first post here you own the Gemma moniker and it is good to see you continuing to live up to it.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Look if you are basically fit and healthy and under 65 you have absolutely nothing to worry about, on top of that those covid deaths could have been due to any number of other aliments that those who died had as I explained above, as said the vulnerable should have been cocooned and no lockdown, what do we do if there is a second wave?, a second lockdown, we are back to square one, Sweden got it correct.
Look the figures don't have an opinion, so my view versus yours on this is irrelevant.

The number of deaths state that on a weekly basis taking out the 2/3s who died in care homes that for every 1 road death there are 12 covid deaths.

Do you really think this disparity is made up of those who were about to die anyway?

Whether you agree with the lockdown or not, or if you think the price of such a policy is too high to pay, is fair enough, but to claim road death rates are higher than the rate for covid (even after excluding those in care homes) is completely off the mark.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:06 PM
Senior PROC Member

There’s also the fact that these deaths were done with an effective lock down. Could have been a whole lot more without one.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:17 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
Look the figures don't have an opinion, so my view versus yours on this is irrelevant.

The number of deaths state that on a weekly basis taking out the 2/3s who died in care homes that for every 1 road death there are 12 covid deaths.

Do you really think this disparity is made up of those who were about to die anyway?

Whether you agree with the lockdown or not, or if you think the price of such a policy is too high to pay, is fair enough, but to claim road death rates are higher than the rate for covid (even after excluding those in care homes) is completely off the mark.
OK maybe I should have been more specific, if u are under 65 u definitely have more of a chance of being killed in a car crash, what I'm trying to basically say though is, this has been a total overreaction, when u dig deeper into the figures and actually view those people not in the mainstream but have undoubtedly spent 1000s of hours looking into this you may begin to not be as worried as our morons in government want u to be, Sweden have got it right they will be 12 months ahead of us by Christmas, its not going away so herd immunity was the way, with respect to those who have died, there deaths could have been prevented if they were not shoved from hospitals into nursing homes and they were cocooned from the start,check out doloris cahill, u will see for yourself.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:23 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
There’s also the fact that these deaths were done with an effective lock down. Could have been a whole lot more without one.
I don't think so as most of those who died in effect were locked down anyway, they were in nursing homes and hospitals not out and about doing there business, why are for example supermarket workers not dropping like flies, there exposed to hundreds all day everyday yet no covid, none of them are wearing masks from what I can see and I don't know about you but I nor anyone I know has said they know of someone with it, I'm not saying it does not exist but people are totally overreacting.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:28 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I don't think so as most of those who died in effect were locked down anyway, they were in nursing homes and hospitals not out and about doing there business, why are for example supermarket workers not dropping like flies, there exposed to hundreds all day everyday yet no covid, none of them are wearing masks from what I can see and I don't know about you but I nor anyone I know has said they know of someone with it, I'm not saying it does not exist but people are totally overreacting.
No, it’s because we introduced effective measures like

Shutting the country down to stop the spread.
Social distancing
Better hygiene with shops playing their part

Meanwhile, look at our neighbours who refused to take these measures until a few weeks after us.

If we had followed our neighbours lead, I’d be quite sure our numbers would be similar.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
The argument seems to be:

"The effectiveness of the lockdown proves that we didn't ever and don't now need a lockdown."
Old 02-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
The argument seems to be:

"The effectiveness of the lockdown proves that we didn't ever and don't now need a lockdown."
Aye.

I like your brevity
Old 02-06-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
OK maybe I should have been more specific, if u are under 65 u definitely have more of a chance of being killed in a car crash, what I'm trying to basically say though is, this has been a total overreaction, when u dig deeper into the figures and actually view those people not in the mainstream but have undoubtedly spent 1000s of hours looking into this you may begin to not be as worried as our morons in government want u to be, Sweden have got it right they will be 12 months ahead of us by Christmas, its not going away so herd immunity was the way, with respect to those who have died, there deaths could have been prevented if they were not shoved from hospitals into nursing homes and they were cocooned from the start,check out doloris cahill, u will see for yourself.
Why not dig deeper and look at the drivers who are not in the mainstream, like those who drive under the influence or regularly drive over the speed limit. Should we take these out of road deaths as a majority of road deaths are a result of speeding or drunk driving?

The thing is you can't take these out because while you may be a safe driver someone speeding can take you out through no fault of your own, the same way someone who is healthy and unlikely to die from covid could contract the disease and pass it on to someone not as healthy as yourself.