Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Doily View Post
You said it was the primary source of contraception, stop taking words out of your mouth
Yes a primary source for women not on the pill.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
None of the above.
Could f@ck for ireland.

Do you want her number?
Old 09-01-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
I wouldn't be getting rid of the doctors anytime soon going by my last experience in a hospital A&E before Christmas the rest of the nutters are old school Catholic Church freaks who are best ignored.
So there you have it anyone that opposes abortion are Catholic Church freaks.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubwithnobeer View Post
So there you have it only Catholic Freaks oppose the killing of the unborn
Old 09-01-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I think he was referring to the protesting outside the Galway clinic and the hospital in Drogheda. And he's probably right on that score.

Obviously you don't need to be a hardline catholic to be against abortion. However, almost every public face of the No campaign last year is more hardline catholic than your average priest. And like many other things to do with their campaign, that did them no favours with the public.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I think the people who would protest outside a hospital like that are religions zealots I'm against abortion myself but I wouldn't buy into that approach to try and win hearts and minds because this deal is signed sealed and delivered and for now the majority who voted have had their way. What will need to happen to return the 8th is years of abortion in Ireland and the public reaction to the stats rising yearly as time goes by and they will rise take that as a given, that might encourage the silent majority along with the people who's opinion will change over time as they get older to revisit the issue.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Senior PROC Member

Once the dust has settled on this new abortion regime there will be pressure to further liberalise the laws so that the cooling off period is done away with and I would guess also to push out abortion on demand beyond the 12 week limit, I'm basing this opinion on comments made by R.B. Barrett and Ruth Coppinger on Radio One at the weekend.

As for protests, Archbishop Diarmuid Martin has cautioned against such actions outside GP surgeries also in an interview on Radio One at the weekend.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Once the dust has settled on this new abortion regime there will be pressure to further liberalise the laws so that the cooling off period is done away with and I would guess also to push out abortion on demand beyond the 12 week limit, I'm basing this opinion on comments made by R.B. Barrett and Ruth Coppinger on Radio One at the weekend.
When did we start taking them or their opinions serious?
Old 09-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
When did we start taking them or their opinions serious?
I think that they do represent the more militant wing of the pro-choice movement, they were claiming the referendum result as a big win and they will push for further liberalisation.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post

As for protests, Archbishop Diarmuid Martin has cautioned against such actions outside GP surgeries also in an interview on Radio One at the weekend.
Can't see there being any further significant changes to come for many years, if at all. Current legislation already covers abortions post 12 weeks in situations when It is deemed necessary by doctors and mental health professionals. I don't think there would be big support for further relaxation beyond 12 weeks for the right to choose.

Left wing TD's have been calling for major reform for years, but nothing changed politically until many establishment politicians got involved. Beyond FG I felt that change was in the air when the leader of FF came out in favour of repeal. Of course all this only happened because of a massive grassroots movement of people from all political persuasions of pro choice people coming together from allover the country and properly organising themselves, with big public demonstrations and support in general always looking vastly bigger in numbers than the other side.