tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official NBA Thread - Page 6 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 18-04-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin View Post
I still think the Dallas and San Antonion provide the best entertainment.

Surely not

In fairness Duncan in the post is a thing of beauty at times , especially the way Ginobli and Parker play off that , But Nash on the fast break with barbosa outside him and Amare trailing......thats entertainment
Old 18-04-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
Surely not

In fairness Duncan in the post is a thing of beauty at times , especially the way Ginobli and Parker play off that , But Nash on the fast break with barbosa outside him and Amare trailing......thats entertainment
Yep agree.. For sheer entertainment it has to be Phoenix
Old 18-04-2007, 02:53 PM

Anyone see Tim Duncan get ejected from a game for "LAUGHING" on the bench. Second technical. The ref had 21 years of experience and was a bit of a legend. Apparently asked Tim did he want to fight him to? WTF
Anyhow the ref got suspended for it after he said he would do it again. BIZARE!!!

-AmadeusDC-
Old 18-04-2007, 03:33 PM

There's nothing particularly wrong with Phoenix. They're well coached, well run on the floor by Nash, they have plenty of shooters. They play average defense, which at least is an improvement over the zero defense they played a couple of seasons ago.

Its just that they don't play with intelligence that San Antonio do. The Spurs play the smartest basketball in the league and I'd rather watch that any day.

Plus, as good as Nash is, I can't really buy into someone who I watched get roasted on defense by Smush Parker last week. On the topic of the Lakers, I hope the Suns destroy them. They were unbelievable painful to watch.
Old 18-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Great game between Dallas and San Antonio last night, at least until Joey Crawford threw out Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmadeusDC
Anyone see Tim Duncan get ejected from a game for "LAUGHING" on the bench.
Ahem.

Old 19-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Its just that they don't play with intelligence that San Antonio do. The Spurs play the smartest basketball in the league and I'd rather watch that any day.
Again I dont quite agree
Good shot selection for me is basketball intelligence in a nutshell , taking the right shots at the right time ?

I saw a few weeks back that the Suns had a season long team wide shooting percentage of 40% from 3's , a smidgen under 50% from 2's and 80% from the stripe
Add that in with Nash's ability to always find the open man most trips down the floor

I'm not sure if "smartest" is the rigth way to describe SA , maybe fundamentally sound is a better way ?
Old 19-04-2007, 01:10 PM

This sounds like I'm bashing the Suns, which I'm absolutely not. They'd be third on my "who do you want to watch" list, behind Chicago (because they're my team) and San Antonio. I just like the fact that the Spurs rely less on sheer athleticism and speed than the Suns do. It's not a case of agreeing or disgreeing, just a matter of personal taste.

Onto the playoffs - who do you think will progress, who would you like to progress, who will come up big? Does anyone think the winner won't be Dallas, Phoenix or San Antonio?

I'm gutted the Bulls lost last night. It was the difference between a battered Washington followed by Nets/Raptors or the Miami Heat followed by the Pistons. I think they have a shot against the Heat, but Washington was a gimme. Anyone see any upsets on the cards? (4 v 5 matchups don't count as upsets). My second rounders are Dallas/Phoenix/San Antonio/Houston and Detriot/Chicago/Jersey/Cleveland.
Old 19-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
This sounds like I'm bashing the Suns, which I'm absolutely not. They'd be third on my "who do you want to watch" list, behind Chicago (because they're my team) and San Antonio. I just like the fact that the Spurs rely less on sheer athleticism and speed than the Suns do. It's not a case of agreeing or disgreeing, just a matter of personal taste.

Onto the playoffs - who do you think will progress, who would you like to progress, who will come up big? Does anyone think the winner won't be Dallas, Phoenix or San Antonio?

I'm gutted the Bulls lost last night. It was the difference between a battered Washington followed by Nets/Raptors or the Miami Heat followed by the Pistons. I think they have a shot against the Heat, but Washington was a gimme. Anyone see any upsets on the cards? (4 v 5 matchups don't count as upsets). My second rounders are Dallas/Phoenix/San Antonio/Houston and Detriot/Chicago/Jersey/Cleveland.

I think Golden State will give Dallas a good series(5-0 against them in last five meetings) but ultimately will fall when it matters. I don't really see any upsets in the West though . Utah and Houston is a 50/50 but I think McGrady will up his game. I'd lve to see Phoenix go all the way though. They're brand of Basketball is amazing to watch and while I can understand why somone would prefer to watch SA. It's a bit like prefering Chelsea over Utd really

The East is tougher to call . If Wade is anyway fit , I think they'll be too strong for Chicago but that's a big if. Toronto and NJ is a fantastic prospect and the series of the first round for me. Not only for the Carter factor but they're two very different teams . Toronto are very reliant on their outside shooting and if that lets them down then , they'll be in trouble .Whereas NJ seem to be coming into a bit of form .But I'll pick T.O just .

My selections for the next round are as follows
West
Dallas
Phoenix
San Antonio
Houston

East
Detroit
Cleveland
Miami
Toronto
Old 20-04-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
Not only for the Carter factor but they're two very different teams . Toronto are very reliant on their outside shooting and if that lets them down then , they'll be in trouble .Whereas NJ seem to be coming into a bit of form .But I'll pick T.O just .
i dunno about no inside game..Bosh is as good an inside player as you get and the Nets have nobody that can guard him..Mikki Moore, Josh Boone, Jason Collins????
Old 20-04-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
If Wade is anyway fit , I think they'll be too strong for Chicago but that's a big if.
If Wade in this condition can dominate Hinrich for series, he moves into uber-star land. Hinrich plays him better than any defender in the league. If he can lead his team through this series I won't consider anyone else as the best player in the league right now.