tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Man Utd Thread - Page 3916 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry K O Bama View Post
I'd agree with your earlier post about Rooney having Wellbeck competing at club and International level - It was great for Moyes that Wellbeck and RVP both scored 2 plus Wellbeck scored v Scotland.

Rooney will be very aware of the stakes when the window closes - Sturridge is also looking the part and he simply can't afford not to be playing 1st team club football.

It's very obvious that Fellaini isn't worth £23M - the market has decided - Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd and City were all looking for players and all could have afforded the buy out figure yet none did. Looks like around £20M will do it.

I can't see Baines doing any better than Evra but with Rio and Vidic both into their 30's maybe Evra's age (32) is the issue for Moyes - It looks like a spend of £10M to come up 3 years - is that worth it ?

I'd much prefer Shaw at £20M - keep Evra and give them both game time and sell Buttner.
That's what I'm saying about Shaw as well. He has ten years in front of him and would learn from Evra. Buttner looks better as a left sided midfielder he can't defend for shit
Old 20-08-2013, 01:53 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyd View Post
That's euros.

That's also Real Madrid.

Who are about to spend £100 million on Gareth Bale.

But the position is irrelevant, if the player is good enough and young enough then the sky is the limit with the transfer fee.

It's the age of Baines - he's 29 years old.

Do you think United would have got Van Persie for 25 odd million if he was 23?
29. Still has 4 good years left in him. Most players usually get 3 or 4 year contracts anyway.
Old 20-08-2013, 03:13 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Impending bid of £35 million for Baines and Fellaini apparently. Just another 5 million on top of that will probably swing it I'd say. But knowing the board at Everton they would take 35 million.
Old 20-08-2013, 03:15 PM

Waste of money
Old 20-08-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghabullogue 1890 View Post
Waste of money
Your getting a quality young midfielder and one of the best left backs in Europe. Bargain.
Old 20-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Senior PROC Member

I'd be grand with just Fellaini.
Old 20-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
Your getting a quality young midfielder and one of the best left backs in Europe. Bargain.
Unproven in CL
Old 20-08-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogTheLangerHunter View Post
I'd be grand with just Fellaini.
I have said it all along I taught Fellaini would go and I would have been ok with that. As im hoping Martinez would be able to replace him easier than Baines. Baines is very important to Everton on and off the pitch with him being a boyhood fan and local boy. He is somewhat of an idol to the supporters and if sold will make for am uncomfortable time ahead for the board.
Old 20-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghabullogue 1890 View Post
Unproven in CL
A regular international player who faces players who appear regularly in CL.
Old 20-08-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
A regular international player who faces players who appear regularly in CL.
To be fair he's a second choice left-back (to a guy pushing 33) who has minimal (any?) big tournament experience and the majority of his few caps have come in friendlies.