tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Former cork Bookies - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2019, 07:29 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,618
Default Former cork Bookies

With Boyles and Powers cornering the market these days i think back to some of the former bookies in my youth,

Joe Donnelly near the harp bar,
Johnny Mahoneys Edward walsh rd
Tommy Ryan gillabey st,
Fergus Keane Barrack st,
Neilly Donoghue Evergreen rd,
John Rosney opp north cathedral

Any others?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-09-2019, 07:33 AM
CJ Poogan CJ Poogan is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,531
Default

Maybe say what the bookies are now?

Place opp north cathedral has a barbers downstairs and a discreet "massage" parlour upstairs.

So it went from lads loosing money hand over fist to.........
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2019, 07:52 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Poogan View Post
Maybe say what the bookies are now?

Place opp north cathedral has a barbers downstairs and a discreet "massage" parlour upstairs.

So it went from lads loosing money hand over fist to.........
Gives a new meaning to a fella losing his bollocks,
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2019, 08:01 AM
SunshineSupporter SunshineSupporter is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
With Boyles and Powers cornering the market these days i think back to some of the former bookies in my youth,

Joe Donnelly near the harp bar,
Johnny Mahoneys Edward walsh rd
Tommy Ryan gillabey st,
Fergus Keane Barrack st,
Neilly Donoghue Evergreen rd,
John Rosney opp north cathedral

Any others?
Cashmans
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2019, 09:20 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 19,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
With Boyles and Powers cornering the market these days i think back to some of the former bookies in my youth,

Joe Donnelly near the harp bar,
Johnny Mahoneys Edward walsh rd
Tommy Ryan gillabey st,
Fergus Keane Barrack st,
Neilly Donoghue Evergreen rd,
John Rosney opp north cathedral

Any others?
TP Curtain on Military Road down from the Cameo, and I think in St Lukes as well
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,006
Default

Pat O'Brien where that Salt café/restaurant is now on Victoria Road, next to Kennedy Park.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Donald Trump Donald Trump is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The White House
Posts: 17,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Pat O'Brien where that Salt café/restaurant is now on Victoria Road, next to Kennedy Park.
Spent many a lunch time in his other office in Douglas street as an under age gambler!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:56 AM
rebel bike rebel bike is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
Spent many a lunch time in his other office in Douglas street as an under age gambler!
This place burnt down in 1992 or so. Can't recall what is in the unit now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel bike View Post
This place burnt down in 1992 or so. Can't recall what is in the unit now.
Is that Dan Boyles office now?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:20 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,618
Default

I remember a bookie from cathedral road being caught with a load of drugs in england about 20 years ago,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.