tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Dr James Reilly TD - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 23-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Dr James Reilly TD

Is anyone else getting sick of his ranting on every fkn channel that will put him on. I not aligned to any party, and I'm not sure how good a job Mary Harney is doing - I'm sure she cant implement 90% of the changes that are necessary anyway, because of the unions and sweetheart deals like benchmarking that are already in place.

BUT how does this idiot make out that she should resign for the actions of her staff. It's a simple as this, if James Reilly had been in charge NOTHING would have been different regarding Portlaoise. No minister can micromanage to that level.

I think it is about time people stopped just saying "oh the doctors and the nurses are great" when referring to the health service staff, and acknowledge that they are human too and some do make mistakes, as people in all professions do. And as long as the dept is as admin top heavy as it is, and the resistance to every minor change (from the unions) is as it is, the money will keep flowing out and nothing will change - no matter what minister is in charge.
Old 23-11-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanAnon1 View Post
Is anyone else getting sick of his ranting on every fkn channel that will put him on. I not aligned to any party, and I'm not sure how good a job Mary Harney is doing - I'm sure she cant implement 90% of the changes that are necessary anyway, because of the unions and sweetheart deals like benchmarking that are already in place.

BUT how does this idiot make out that she should resign for the actions of her staff. It's a simple as this, if James Reilly had been in charge NOTHING would have been different regarding Portlaoise. No minister can micromanage to that level.

I think it is about time people stopped just saying "oh the doctors and the nurses are great" when referring to the health service staff, and acknowledge that they are human too and some do make mistakes, as people in all professions do. And as long as the dept is as admin top heavy as it is, and the resistance to every minor change (from the unions) is as it is, the money will keep flowing out and nothing will change - no matter what minister is in charge.
There are some things you are right about. Too much of the extra investment in the health service has gone on increased doctors' salaries. We needed more doctors, not better paid doctors.

However, there are some things you are completely wrong on. What is happening in Port Laoise is 100% Mary Harney's fault. She has brought in a policy of centralisation of cancer services. In the transition phase, the existing centres are being starved of funding and are operating with outdated equipment. In addition to that, she was warned about the situation in Port Laoise, but ignored the warning.

If nothing else, she should be sacked for conflict of interest. She is running the health system in a way that is beneficial to her husband's business interests.
Old 23-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd26 View Post
If nothing else, she should be sacked for conflict of interest. She is running the health system in a way that is beneficial to her husband's business interests.
what does her husband do that is conflicting? All I know is he is a rich business man.
Old 23-11-2007, 11:00 AM

He works for one of Ireland's leading lobbying firms. Many US health multi-nationals and Irish private hospitals are among their clients.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:52 PM

has that fat fuck reilly shagged off on a massive pension I wonder?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collapsedfaceman View Post
Dr O Reilly has not retired from politics but still serves in government as a junior minister for something or other as well as a TD for the constituency that elected him but I'm sure you knew that already anyway.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collapsedfaceman View Post
You do realise that he is no longer health minister don't you?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
You do realise that he is no longer health minister don't you?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyrabbit View Post
Holy fuck do you really find that funny, you really are an idiot
Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
Holy fuck do you really find that funny, you really are an idiot
He's now Minister for Children and Youth Affairs and there are still some health related aspects to his portfolio, he is overseeing the new policy on plain cigarette packaging and so on..