robbed this from another forum
15 Good reasons why the GAA is better than soccer
1) The GAA player who played in front of 80,000 at the weekend will be teaching your children, selling you meat or fixing your drains on Monday morning. The soccer player who plays in front of 80,000 will be moaning about playing too many games and will be trying to sell you his personalized brand of leisure wear.
2) GAA nicknames are better. Soccer players just add a Y to their surnames
3) Cork vs Kerry is a real derby. What does Utd. Vs City mean to Ronaldo or Sibierski??
4) How many soccer players does it take to screw in a light bulb? Answer eleven. One to stick it in and ten to surround and kiss him after he does it.
5) Soccer players go to the papers after a game. GAA players go to the pub.
6) John Terry would run a mile if he came up against Francie Bellew.
7) GAA teams are numbered 1-15. A soccer team reads like the lottery results.
All soccer players wear shin pads. Some hurlers wear helmets.
9) Television runs soccer. Schoolteachers run the GAA.
10) The GAA is about where you're from. Soccer is about who you like.
11) No segregation at GAA games.
12) No soccer team has a nickname quite as lovely as the Fighting Cocks
13) Bubble perms never made it to Croke Park.
14) A scoreless draw in the GAA would be quite a novelty.
15) Roman Abramovich can buy the League…… You can't buy Liam Mac!!!