tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Shooting in Carrigaline? - Page 30 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #291  
Old 06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
duishbag duishbag is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in the middle of somewhere
Posts: 2,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Piehead View Post
How magnanimous of them, if only all scumbags would be so thoughtful.


im only telling it as it is
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Scatter Scatter is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the run
Posts: 5,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duishbag View Post
believe me its true,the powers that be in this city made a conscious decison to keep it out of cork for years,the huge influx of foreign nationals weakened their stranglehold on the drugs market,
Horseshit, no market no heroin. As soon as there was a market there was heroin.
Read my post again. It is based on fact and is backed by stats. Yours is a mixture of racism and gang propaganda.
__________________
The second coming.

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him."
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
duishbag duishbag is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in the middle of somewhere
Posts: 2,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
Horseshit, no market no heroin. As soon as there was a market there was heroin.
Read my post again. It is based on fact and is backed by stats. Yours is a mixture of racism and gang propaganda.
go away you naive dope!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Mong The Merciless Mong The Merciless is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Directly under the Earth's Sun, now!
Posts: 1,744
Default

I seem to recall, from speaking with medical professionals in Kerry, that Killarney had a large HIV+ population in the 80-90's. Given that the only tourists were fat fucking Americans and Dutch/Germans on bikes which would not normally avail of the services of brassers, let alone those with 'the bug'. Then that only leaves massive amounts of contaminated blood and infected needles.

I'll leave you to make up your mind which was the most likely cause. So, to say that heroin is only a recent phenomenon in Cork is a little naive unless you have an in-depth knowledge of the illicit drug market.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:14 AM
duishbag duishbag is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in the middle of somewhere
Posts: 2,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong The Merciless View Post
I seem to recall, from speaking with medical professionals in Kerry, that Killarney had a large HIV+ population in the 80-90's. Given that the only tourists were fat fucking Americans and Dutch/Germans on bikes which would not normally avail of the services of brassers, let alone those with 'the bug'. Then that only leaves massive amounts of contaminated blood and infected needles.

I'll leave you to make up your mind which was the most likely cause. So, to say that heroin is only a recent phenomenon in Cork is a little naive unless you have an in-depth knowledge of the illicit drug market.
heroin was unheard of in cork in the 80's and 90's,
im wasting my time here arguing with people who get their facts from newspapers,
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:15 AM
DogTheLangerHunter DogTheLangerHunter is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duishbag View Post
im wasting my time here arguing with people who get their facts from newspapers,
Hello new sig
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by duishbag View Post
im wasting my time here arguing with people who get their facts from newspapers,
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Niamhie Niamhie is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duishbag View Post
believe me its true,the powers that be in this city made a conscious decison to keep it out of cork for years,the huge influx of foreign nationals weakened their stranglehold on the drugs market,
I find it hard to believe that people peddling god's no what on the streets were being a bit health conscious for their customers. I also don't think that heroin has been brought in so simply by a load of foreigners. Where we're at right now, local dealers are too concientious to deal in heroin, but it's foreigners that are selling it??? how far do you have to live from Cork to be "foreign"?? Limerick, Dublin?? And the argument that a few foreigners have taken over makes no sense. Look at who's been shot/killed, that'll tell you where the drugs war is.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Scatter Scatter is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the run
Posts: 5,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duishbag View Post
go away you naive dope!!!!!!!
I am far from naive. There was no market for heroin in Cork because of this maybe there was a consensus among the cork families not to bother with heroin. However these families were not the only players in the cork scene so to say they had a stranglehold especially with regards to the mid 90s on is naive.

After the closure of Spike there were young addicts returning to the city from St Pats. They very quickly took up selling heroin and were sourcing it from Dublin. Foreign nationals may indeed have provided new smuggling and supply avenues for the new dealers but contacts made in Dublin were even more important especially at the start.
__________________
The second coming.

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him."
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 AM
yera yeah boy yera yeah boy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North by Northwest
Posts: 11,839
Default

Way more people with Charles problems as opposed to heroin in Cork.

Maybe 200ish on H.

Closer to 2-4k with coke problems.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 AM
duishbag duishbag is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in the middle of somewhere
Posts: 2,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogTheLangerHunter View Post
Hello new sig
nice one
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Whats That Sound

The Oliver Plunkett, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼






tester
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.